Hasegawa 1/48 Ju87 R-2 Desert Snake Stuka

Hi all
Some pics of my first completed build for 2017, Hasegawa 1/48 Desert Snake Stuka. Only modifications were plastic wedges on ailerons replaced with actuators in brass plus Eduard seatbelts & gunsight. The mould has been reboxed many times and is showing it's age a bit now with more flash to be removed but still well worth the effort in the long run.
Thanks for looking5A59EFAC-A118-4A6A-9022-7EDBFE6DE8FD.jpgSnakewebFroPicFull.jpg49725425-7347-4A6E-8BF9-C434784D426A.jpgSnakewebFroPic1.jpgSnakewebFroL.jpgSnakewebR.jpgSnakewebTopR.jpgSnakewebL2.jpgSnakewebDv.jpgSnakewebGS.jpgSnakewebTopL.jpgSnakewebFroPic3.jpgSnakewebNos.jpg

Edited by Rafbanter
  • Like 48

3 hours ago, Graeme said:

Look at the fuselage under the cockpit on the Stuka in the background - does that also have a snake-like shape under the cockpit, in a lighter colour?

G

It certainly looks like something is there, given that these aircraft were overpainted on occasion but I can find no eye-witness accounts. A good source of updated info about the 2 Snake Stukas I do know about so far can be found here:

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/~grout/encyclopaedia_romana/luftwaffe/aircraft/Ju-87/T6+DP.html

This is an impressive paint scheme and you've done it justice.

Great show!!!

And even an old, worn out Hasegawa mold must still be a lot better than many other newer kits.

JR

I want this model on my shelf :o

Joking, this is one of best looking Stukas around. Especially with this markings.

Weathering is also done exceptionally good.

Great model

Best regards, Djordje

Great Stuka! Brilliant weathering, just right.

Love this scheme - the Revell 1/32 Stuka with this scheme was the first large scale model (not 1/72) that I built when about 9~10 yrs old and now really can't wait to re-live that with my new 1/48 Revell (Hase re-pop) kit with these marks!

Thanks for showing such a great model - and also for the inspiration!

ATB
Rick

Thanks again for such positive feedback everyone. You can still pick this kit up and I highly recommend it to anyone keen to have a crack at it.

https://goo.gl/images/HQm7ll

I didn't meant to be too disparaging to Hasegawa as most of it clicks together really well. Also the instructions for painting are based on the latest photos of T6+DP

Paints are Gunze Acrylic

I gave the whole thing a highly thinned coat of Desert Sand before the final flat coat. Looking forward to getting my hands on the latest Airfix version for a comparison.

• 2 weeks later...