You wait ages, then three come along together!

Here are my entries to this GB.

001.jpg

I will be building the three Revell kits in this thread and the Kinetic kit in a separate one.   These are all from The Stash! :yahoo:  As you can see from the boxes, some of them have been there a while.

The colour schemes of all will be slightly out of the ordinary - not the usual two or three greys.

F-16B   This will be a very early Block 1 aircraft in the Charcoal Lizard scheme which was trialled in the early 1980s for use in the close support role.  78-0096, 34 TFS at Hill AFB.  The decals will be from Caracal Sheet 72031

F-16C   A Block 30 aircraft with the "big mouth" intake and GE F110 engine.  This will be in the striking "Arctic Bandit" scheme used by 18 FS at Eielson AFB in 2008.  Decals from Two Bobs sheet 72-100

F-16CM  A Block 52Q aircraft with the "Small mouth" intake and PW F100 engine.  This will be in the latest Have Glass 5 colour scheme and depicted as flown by 157 FS, 169 FW, South Carolina ANG.  Decals from Wolfpak sheet 72-091.  

Should be fun.  Hold on tight, rider! :D 

• Like 10

Cracking choices Enzo, look forward to all of them but especially the Blk 1 jet, such a rare yet wonderful scheme. Also you have to give it to Revell for all the options they have given us with their F-16 series!

:popcorn:

David.

• Like 1

welcome Enzo, I was wondering when you would show up, and what an entrance!

Hope the battle with the spiders wasn't to bad, they were probably their favourite boxes!

Nice choice of scheme, should be interesting to follow.

Well good luck with the builds, look forward to seeing them in the gallery.

• Like 1

Hi enzo, 

On your revell kits that have the 'C' plane parts sprue, what are they like? 

I have three solo turk boxings from different shops and that sprue is terrible. Lots of sinking on the 'thick' parts like - wheels, pylons, ecm chin pods and harm missiles. Some aren't saveable like the wheels cause you cant fill them in cause all the hub detail will be lost. Frustrating... 

Anyways another have glass builder ;) 

Tony

• Like 1

17 hours ago, charlie_c67 said:

Quick (slightly random) question. Do the F-16 C's come with one or two separate nose cones? I've forgotten since my one when to that great plastic home outside Banbury...

Oh dear that doesn't sound too good!

Okay, let's get started.  Here are the usual sprue shots.

Revell were rather clever with the mould design for their F-16 kits.  They have catered for almost every version.  The following two sprues are in every Revell F-16 kit, be it and A, B or C.

R001.jpg

R002.jpg

The next sprue is dependant on the version you buy.  The A and B kits don't have the additional section on the right.  That is just for the C version. 

R004.jpg

This next sprue contains the parts required for the F-16C, including the new fin, "big mouth" intake assembly and GE engine exhaust.  It also has the wider wheels but not the bulged gear bay doors.

R003.jpg

This sprue is in the F-16B kit.

R005.jpg

One minor issue with the kit is that both sets of exhaust nozzles are rather plain inside.  To make up for that, on the PW engined models, I will be using Attack Squadron resin replacements.  

002.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Actually the third sprue, with the bits on the right, is for the MLU kits. V-P

Aha!  I didn't know that, having never built the MLU boxing.  I think I've got one in The Stash though.  

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, let's get started.

Cockpits, intakes and main gear bays for all three.  I need to be careful with the intakes as the Arctic Bandit aircraft has a "big mouth" intake.  That one is on the left.

003.jpg

And the intakes in close up.  Again, the big mouth is on the left.

004.jpg

005.jpg

And the upper fuselage halves with the forward sections joined first to try and get a decent smooth join.

006.jpg

• Like 2

Basic fuselages assembled.

007.jpg

And other look at the two types of intakes - big-mouth on the right.

008.jpg

At the other end, the small-mouthed, PW-engined aircraft have some resin from Attack Squadron.

009.jpg

While the big-mouthed GE-engined aircraft has the kit parts.

010.jpg

All assembled and ready for priming.

011.jpg

And now they all look the same...

012.jpg

that won't last for long though... :D

• Like 5

Nice progress there Enzo, good stuff.

Have to admit I've built two of Revell's F-16s before and I think it's a great kit - goes together so well and decent level of detail for the scale.

Almost makes me want to do another after the Kinetic one :whistle:

Dermot

• 4 weeks later...

Now things start to get interesting.

As you'll see above, @Tony Oliver really didn't like the look of the exhaust of the GE engined aircraft.  He's got a point..

So he kindly sent me some resin replacements. :thumbsup:  

I attacked the rear end with a knife and razor saw.  Apologies for the blurry photo.

HG002.jpg

I then cut down a spare Revell rear fuselage part (the two components on the right)

HG001.jpg

Then added the new componets, refitted the tail and cleaned everything up.  This shows the model primed and then sprayed overall with Lifecolor UA030 FS36081 Dark Grey, which is a near match to the colour used in the Have Glass 5 scheme.

HG003.jpg

HG004.jpg

Much better!   Thanks Tony.

• Like 1