Sea Meteor

wellzy

If you're modelling in 1/72 (I'm told there are benighted souls who don't), the seat and control column from the old 3-D Models Spitfire IX improvement set will do very nicely.  (The Cyberhobby Meteor F.III (but not the F.I) gets the control column wrong.)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Seahawk said:

If you're modelling in 1/72 (I'm told there are benighted souls who don't), the seat and control column from the old 3-D Models Spitfire IX improvement set will do very nicely.  (The Cyberhobby Meteor F.III (but not the F.I) gets the control column wrong.)

How about Pavla models cockpit detal set for Meteor?

B.R.

Serge

Sorry, no experience of that product.  But, with a black cockpit interior (including seat), not that much will be visible under the kit canopy if it's closed anyway: the seat will dominate what you can see.  3-D Models are unfortunately no longer trading but any accurate "Spitfire-style" seat will do.

When they were overall silver and being used for deck trials the main undercarriage doors were removed to prevent damage from the arrester wires. The hook as taken from a DH Sea Hornet too if that helps and the cannon blast tubes were sealed up,

Cheers

Tony

Image result for sea meteor

Related image

Image result for sea meteor

I`m sure that you know that EDSG/Sky was applied later;

Related image

Cheers

Tony

• Like 2