Modelling Madness!Revell He111 in 1/32

Spraying outside. In Durham. At mid-winter. With the forecast we've had for the next week or so. Maybe NOT. Although you are delightfully bonkers, so go for it! And talking of bonkers, just how BIG is a 1/32nd HE111...it looks HUUUUGE. I have a comfy chair, a glass or 2 of fine red and chocolate peanuts...mind if I watch and learn?! 

• Like 1

"A sheet of swastikas?......... I was playing Ludo with my darling little sprogs one day,when I happened to notice.....& before my brain could engage,I said....."don't you think the layout of the board looks like a swastika"??.......Check it out,you'll never look at the game the same again!!

Andrew

Image result for ludo board game

• Like 2

I paint mostly in my attic, which would be why I spent four days cleaning it out!:o

For paint, I use acrylics so there are very little fumes and I had a fan facing out from the open window for that little bit that did smell. Of course being Winter now the window is staying closed (mostly) and i use a space-heater to warm the space up before I use it.

Edited by Thom216
  • Like 1

I built this kit last year - the high part count aside it shouldn't cause you any problems. I found the fit to be exceptional, and if memory serves me correctly, the only filler I used was a smidge on the engine cowlings and to fill sink-marks on the propeller blades.

Tom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomprobert said:

I built this kit last year - the high part count aside it shouldn't cause you any problems. I found the fit to be exceptional, and if memory serves me correctly, the only filler I used was a smidge on the engine cowlings and to fill sink-marks on the propeller blades.

Tom

Thank's Tom,I,ve been over on LSP looking at builds of this kit and saw what I assume is your superb build,I prefer referencing other builds

rather than the real thing as there is enough detail in the box for me!

• Like 1

That's a great looking cockpit so far Steve, it's going to be a beast but I'm sure it will be worth the effort in the end. 

I'll follow along if you don't mind? 

Edited by Antb
  • Like 1

Morning folk's,little session today with the interior of the fuselage base coated,and just to get some of the sprues condensed I have 

started building the tail and tail planes wheel wells etc.

DSCN4457_zpsogwhm9xb.jpg

DSCN4458_zpsagpthkyf.jpg

• Like 5

On 10/01/2017 at 11:36 PM, dreadeddrew said:

"A sheet of swastikas?......... I was playing Ludo with my darling little sprogs one day,when I happened to notice.....& before my brain could engage,I said....."don't you think the layout of the board looks like a swastika"??.......Check it out,you'll never look at the game the same again!!

Andrew

Image result for ludo board game

Never have liked board haves and now I know why.

nice work Steve, smooth work on the office. What are you going to do with it when your done? Pop some glass on it and have it as a coffee table!?

Rob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BerndM said:

Good progress, Steve. Its exciting to see how the details look und the first layer of paint.

Are this molded on seatbelts for the pilot ?

They are Bernd and not very good so tape belts will be in order!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stevej60 said:

They are Bernd and not very good so tape belts will be in order!

Good idea, the seat will be very visible after finish.

Hi all,plodding along with the sub assemblies and half way through the Bomb bay assembly and when completed they fit into the centre

section of the lower wing.

DSCN4475_zpshgqnrui7.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Lots of big detail with this kit Steve and looking good so far. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

It is Massive Stix,that section of wing is larger than the span of a 1/48 Spitfire but the sub assemblies fitted beautifully and a dry run of the

fuselage shows no issues either.

• Like 2

Really enjoying following this one Steve  :popcorn:

Do you mind if I ask a daft question?

How big is your loft hatch ?

You see going by the size of this beastie, if you put the wings on, it's staying in whatever room you happen to do it in. How do I know this, a mate built an old triumph motorcycle in his flat, we had to take it apart again to get it out ! :wall:

cheers Pat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Really enjoying following this one Steve  :popcorn:

Do you mind if I ask a daft question?

How big is your loft hatch ?

You see going by the size of this beastie, if you put the wings on, it's staying in whatever room you happen to do it in. How do I know this, a mate built an old triumph motorcycle in his flat, we had to take it apart again to get it out ! :wall:

cheers Pat

It,ll just squeeze through Pat!