Modelling Madness!Revell He111 in 1/32

I fancy building a Heinkel 111 I said to my eldest yesterday,"I,ve got the big scale one going nowhere" he replied, next day the behemoth 

is dwarfing my work table.Now big projects usually are my downfall(USS Fletcher and Bonne Homme Richard to name two) so hopefully 

it's third time lucky,he got the kit for £19:99 when Modelzone closed which was more than a bargain,reviews of the kit are generally

favourable the main gripe being the beautiful rivet detail on the wing's are absent from the fuselage there is more than enough

detail in the box and that's fine by me.I know my WIPS are usually five pictures and finished so I will try and make it a bit more detailed

than usual.

Here's the box and contents.

DSCN4400_zpshhe9ksur.jpg

And as a size guide here are the main component's with a 1/48 Spitfire for comparison.

DSCN4399_zpsslc3ncg8.jpg

This as far as I remember the second 111 I,ve built the other was Matchbox's many moons ago.see you soon!

• Like 11

This should be most impressive, I built their He219 a few years back and it was a nice easy build very enjoyable, but it was big, painting it was a marathon and I had to extend my modelling shelf to fit it on.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

Thank,s Dennis the 219 and JU 88 were in a local store a while back for £25 each I was tempted but this is not really my scale,in the 

cold light of day this is a mammoth task I and I will probably hit the same issues holding up my VW bus and Sunderland being the need

to spray outside as the weather looks grim for the next few weeks,never the less plenty to get on with,so small start on the cockpit nine

pieces and only this far!

DSCN4410_zpsnbs9tzfs.jpg

• Like 4

Yeah that's a big kit. I will be interested to see it in progress. :popcorn:

3 hours ago, stevej60 said:

............. being the need to spray outside as the weather looks grim for the next few weeks........

....there's always them sticks with hair on the end.....I don't think they have to be used outside........ :poke: ;)

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Oh no........I can see another stash addition in the near future,I've got to stop looking at this site......it's hazardous to my wallet.:)

I'll tag along for the ride if that's ok.......now just to get myself in the mood,where did I put that Battle of Britain DVD??

Good luck Steve,

Andrew

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Yeah that's a big kit. I will be interested to see it in progress. :popcorn:

....there's always them sticks with hair on the end.....I don't think they have to be used outside........ :poke: ;)

Kind regards,

Stix

Believe me Stix you would need an emulsion brush for this thing!

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

That's a big beast! I've started two 1/48 ones in the last twenty years that never saw completion, so I sure hope yours does!

As for room to paint, do you have attic or basement space? Even an area just closet sized could suit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thom216 said:

That's a big beast! I've started two 1/48 ones in the last twenty years that never saw completion, so I sure hope yours does!

As for room to paint, do you have attic or basement space? Even an area just closet sized could suit.

A fair size attic is where she will reside but the more I study what's to come the more daunting the task,I counted thirty parts used last night

and only half way through the front cockpit!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spaddad said:

as I said, mental

I would have to agree Dave,some of the part's fit is so vague and fiddly,there's only so much cursing before the missus warns me

about my stress level's and steps in with the famous "It's supposed to be a relaxing hobby" lecture!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spaddad said:

you can do it, there's probably only another 100 or so stages to go, it'll be worth it?

To be honest Dave once you get the interior done the parts count drops and it's just like any other kit just bigger,now I normally get a 

dozen builds per bottle of Tamiya paint this one will be a bottle per colour!

3 hours ago, spaddad said:

Looking forward to seeing it finished. Can you buy your paints locally?

yea,Dave I'm fortunate to worship here which is a mile and a half down the road!An old Methodist church.

http://www.northeastmodelcentre.co.uk/about

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

Day off Dave,one oft he benefit's of not using up all my holidays at every chance like my colleagues is come January sticking some well placed

days into my rota this has me on a four day week till the end of February with three of the next four weekends off!

• Like 2

I'll be peeping over your shoulder if I may :) I have the 1:48 version in my stash - I won't be starting that any time soon as it won't fit in my display cabinet, so I'll just enjoy watching this progress instead!

1 hour ago, clive_t said:

I'll be peeping over your shoulder if I may :) I have the 1:48 version in my stash - I won't be starting that any time soon as it won't fit in my display cabinet, so I'll just enjoy watching this progress instead!

Welcome Clive,just my luck a sunny day which I need for outside spraying and no time till tonight for models so a bit more done,I now

need to lay some interior paint on to progress further which I can do inside.

DSCN4417_zpslo0qwkdi.jpg

DSCN4416_zpspkccvaqo.jpg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, stevej60 said:

I would have to agree Dave,some of the part's fit is so vague and fiddly,there's only so much cursing before the missus warns me

about my stress level's and steps in with the famous "It's supposed to be a relaxing hobby" lecture!

Steve -

I really loved that - a mirror image quote that I get from my wife!

Good luck on your build - I've no doubt you will turn this one out to your usual high standard so will follow with interest.   BTW, if you are looking for some swastika fin markings I could help out if you don't have any.

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Cheer's Dave I have a sheet of Swastika's which I once miss laid "what on earth are you looking for"? "a load of Swastika's" I replied

she never did reply!

• Like 1

"A sheet of swastikas?......... I was playing Ludo with my darling little sprogs one day,when I happened to notice.....& before my brain could engage,I said....."don't you think the layout of the board looks like a swastika"??.......Check it out,you'll never look at the game the same again!!

Andrew

• Like 1