Discontinued Decals -Tornado

will2017

I've recently rejoined model-making after a gap of about 25 yrs and have noticed that some of the decals I'm looking for are either too old, out of stock or discontinued.  I'm particularly looking for Tornado F3 decals in 1:72, so Xtradecals, Model Alliance and Modeldecal. 

My aim is to eventually represent all units that flew the ADV. I've tried Hannants, eBay (cough).... am I looking in the wrong places?

Quite a few of the old Tornado F Mk. 3 squadrons are represented on Xtradecal and Modeldecal sheets which are currently available from Hannants:

23, 25 and 43 Squadrons - Xtradecal Sheet X013-72

65 Squadron/229 OCU (The Battle of Britain 50th Anniversary "Red Zebra" Scheme) - Xtradecal Sheet X017-72

43 and 111 Squadrons - Xtradecal Sheet X019-72

111 Squadron - Xtradecal Sheet X076-72

65 Squadron/229 OCU (75th Anniversary Scheme) -  Xtradecal Sheet XFSM2

29 and 65 Squadrons - Modeldecal Sheet 90

11 and 23 Squadrons and Empire Test Pilots School (Tornado F. Mk2) - Modeldecal Sheet 98

Tornado F Mk. 2 Prototype - Combat Decals CD72-005

Out of production sheets

5, 11, 25, 29, 56 (Reserve) and 111 Squadrons - Xtradecal Sheet X051-72

41 (Reserve), FJWOEU , 43, 56 (Reserve) and 111 Squadrons - Xtradecal Sheet X066-72

229 OCU (Tornado F Mk. 2) - Modeldecal Sheet 76

Xtradecal and Model Alliance/Aviation Workshop also produced sheets for, respectively, Desert Storm and Operation Telic which included markings for the F Mk. 3s deployed during both operations.

The only RAF Tornado F Mk. 3 unit which may not have been represented on any decal sheet is the Falkland Island's 1435 Flight

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Thanks for all the good suggestions.

Does anyone know if there are any overseas units represented. I found a RSAF 29 Sqn set in a folder yesterday during a search, but I don't recall seeing any for the Italian ADVs that were borrowed from the RAF?