Modelsvit 1/72 Beriev Be-12

Thanks everyone

22 hours ago, RODH2 said:

Beautiful, I have actually been to Monino and had a close up look at this monster! Did the cut -out Canopy and Nose masking supplied work out well for you, or did you use conventional methods?

One of these days I'll find my way to Monino. The supplied masking worked well, but left some residue to clean up.

I just noticed I forgot the pitots. Hence the small hole in the leading edge of the wing!

• Like 2

Interesting aircraft you got there.

Funny how the tailfins get the brunt of the exhaust staining. I suppose it makes sense as they're right in the exhaust path.

Also it's got one hell of a shnozz going ^_^ Reminds me of a Proboscis Monkey :D 

Edited by Squibby
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Squibby said:

Interesting aircraft you got there.

Funny how the tailfins get the brunt of the exhaust staining. I suppose it makes sense as they're right in the exhaust path.

Also it's got one hell of a shnozz going ^_^ Reminds me of a Proboscis Monkey :D 

It kind of reminds me of a hunting dog - head pointing forward to sniff for its prey, long tail sticking straight out behind it.

Definitely a unique looking aircraft - no beauty, but tons of character

Great model of the 'Chaika' - expecially in it's water bomber variant......

Here it is playing chicken with a barge on the river at Zhukovsky......#

be-12%20chicken%20001.jpg

Some pics of mine - taken at Gelendzhik in 2002......

02_day07_07.jpg

02_day07_09.jpg

02_day07_10.jpg

More here - including interior shots (they let us on board - it's like a submarine inside!)

Ken

Edited by Flankerman
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Flankerman said:

More here - including interior shots (they let us on board - it's like a submarine inside!)

Like a submarine describes it pretty well! There are some good interior photos on the seawings site - you could really go to town detailing the interior of a Be-12 if you wanted to, but I doubt much of it would be visible from outside.

The interior shots I've seen don't show much in the way of soundproofing - I imagine it must get pretty noisy in there.

• 2 years later...