Airfix 1/72 Jet Provost T4

Hi, here's my latest, done as a relaxing build over the hols to take my mind off certain crap that's going on in my life at present. No doubt there are a few missing aerials/intakes but it looks like a JP to me!
Kit: Airfix
Accessories: Pavla ej seats plus some scratch built aerials
Paint: Gunze
Weathering: Flory wash
Decals: Xtradecal - 79(R) Sqn TWU 1984 (I think that the camo should wrap around below the wings, though Xtradecals crappy instructions don't show this

Thanks for looking

32162449285_ace1733289_c.jpgUntitled by bryn robinson, on Flickr

32124270406_81e6337362_c.jpgUntitled by bryn robinson, on Flickr

32162448845_6c43045e3c_c.jpgUntitled by bryn robinson, on Flickr

32044336451_e58a2e576b_c.jpgUntitled by bryn robinson, on Flickr

31352309943_abab47cd72_c.jpgUntitled by bryn robinson, on Flickr

32124270756_a57412b207_c.jpgUntitled by bryn robinson, on Flickr

• Like 45

Very smart.  I did one in the camo scheme a long time ago based on the original Airfix kit with the leading edge widget things removed and some generic decals. I will do pics some time soonish.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ForestFan said:

Decals: Xtradecal - 79(R) Sqn TWU 1984 (I think that the camo should wrap around below the wings, though Xtradecals crappy instructions don't show this

I think they copied the scheme from the CMR kit as they missed that too. 

Nice model, at least one of mine will be in that scheme

• Like 1

Awesome build!  Saw a build article in Model World Magazine recently and this looks like a nice kit.

Your camouflaged version is a true credit to your abilities.

:thumbsup2:

• Like 1

Lovely looking Jet Provost. I've always liked this scheme although to my eyes, the J P always looked a wee bit uncomfortable being dressed up for war. Nevertheless, you've done a great job with this one.

• Like 1

The wrap round we are talking about is the leading edge one. None carried an overall wrap round scheme.

It's not well known that there were two different camouflage patterns used by the TWU JP4s - the one that FF has done on XR679 (also used by XS219, both painted in that as replacements in1982) and the one shown in the photo (XP547, XP564, XS178). XR679 was unique as it was repainted into the 'original' scheme in 85 (possibly at the same time as XS178 was painted, it had flown in red/white since 1979).

Possibly too much detail, but i got confused looking at XR679 in apparently differing schemes and did some research!

• Like 1