North American F-86D Sabre YAF 1/72 Airfix

The first scale model was completed this year. The old Airfix models, very dear to Me. The scale model represents the plane of the Yugoslav Air Force, used 60-ies. Here are pictures, enjoy.

F-86D%20SABRE%20Airfix_13_zpsxkpulsnl.jp

F-86D%20SABRE%20Airfix_10_zpsngyiwoqz.jp

F-86D%20SABRE%20Airfix_9_zps6vzbg4xu.jpg

F-86D%20SABRE%20Airfix_7_zpsmwojtdan.jpg

F-86D%20SABRE%20Airfix_6_zpsirxhqpve.jpg

F-86D%20SABRE%20Airfix_5_zpsuzzpvzlx.jpg

F-86D%20SABRE%20Airfix_3_zpspc98mfqf.jpgF-86D%20SABRE%20Airfix_1_zpsop9jqoar.jpg

• Like 17

Hi Jovac!!!!

Congratulations for this great job very well done on this lovely kit. I was thinking about a nice camouflage version for this bird and your choice is for me, a wonderful dress for this old bird!!!...Liked a huge lot the way you have finished your kit, very clean and pristine condition example, and was wondering about the colours you have used to replicate your build.

Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Cheers from Guatemala,

Luis Alfonso

1 hour ago, Luis Alfonso said:

Hi Jovac!!!!

Congratulations for this great job very well done on this lovely kit. I was thinking about a nice camouflage version for this bird and your choice is for me, a wonderful dress for this old bird!!!...Liked a huge lot the way you have finished your kit, very clean and pristine condition example, and was wondering about the colours you have used to replicate your build.

Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Cheers from Guatemala,

Luis Alfonso

I'm glad you like how I did this model. Colours I Trough in the work on this model, the company Humbrol, and the numbers are 117,126,230. Hello and thank you.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2017 at 10:06 PM, Jovac said:

I'm glad you like how I did this model. Colours I Trough in the work on this model, the company Humbrol, and the numbers are 117,126,230. Hello and thank you.

Hi Jovac:

Thank you a lot Mate!!! I am taking notes as have no less than three of this old Airfix bird and other two of Rareplanes Vacform kit a friend gave me as a gift, as I am a Sabre enthusiast, for sure one will be as yours!!!

Cheers!!!

Luis Alfonso

On 13. januar 2017. at 4:27 AM, Luis Alfonso said:

Hi Jovac:

Thank you a lot Mate!!! I am taking notes as have no less than three of this old Airfix bird and other two of Rareplanes Vacform kit a friend gave me as a gift, as I am a Sabre enthusiast, for sure one will be as yours!!!

Cheers!!!

Luis Alfonso

Thank you. I'm glad that you like my work.

Regarding Airfix re releasing this kit, I contacted the marketing team last year suggesting that they might consider doing this again in the not to far future. I wanted one at the time (last year) and had to seriously battle on Ebay for it. I think perhaps the Hase kit might be slightly better but the Airfix one was very well thought of when first released back in the middish 1970s, along with that other gem, the F-80C Shooting Star.

I still reckon that Airfix (Hornby) could make some hard currency with a fresh release.

Nige B

• Like 1