Pave Hawk

bentwaters81tfw

Hi All

We have Pave Hawks at Lakenheath. Does anyone which shade of grey they are painted please? It looks lighter than Gunship.

TIA
Frank

Just discovered it's FS 36375 Satin US Ghost Grey Humbrol 127

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/296779-werners-wings-pavehawk-decals-are-now-available-in-most-scales/

Later in the instructions for the sheet, it is clearly mentioned that after the Euro 1 scheme was dropped, they went to overall Gunship Gray, i.e. FS36118.

Later,

Dave

What makes you so sure it's 36375?

Unless the Lakenheath, and only the the Lakenheath helos have gone through the paint shop in the last 4 weeks, they are most definitely 36118.

In contrast the Naval version of the H60 are painted mainly in 36320 Dark Ghost Grey,  36375 is Light Ghost Grey. Therefore are you saying that the Lakenheath helos are now lighter in colour than the US Navy examples?

Edit: The mention of 36375 on the Werner Wings decal sheet is related to the colour of the rescue hoist, nothing else.

Edited by scotthldr

1 hour ago, scotthldr said:

What makes you so sure it's 36375?

Unless the Lakenheath, and only the the Lakenheath helos have gone through the paint shop in the last 4 weeks, they are most definitely 36118.

In contrast the Naval version of the H60 are painted mainly in 36320 Dark Ghost Grey,  36375 is Light Ghost Grey. Therefore are you saying that the Lakenheath helos are now lighter in colour than the US Navy examples?

Edit: The mention of 36375 on the Werner Wings decal sheet is related to the colour of the rescue hoist, nothing else.

Seahawks are FS35237, FS36320 and FS36495 - at least those are the colours they are delivered in.

Jens

• Like 1

Quote from those instructions, and I can't cut and paste "In 1993, all AFSOC MH-60Gs were repainted to 'AFSOC Gray'. "In 2003, those still in European One were repainted into the current Gunship Gray"

Which way is this to be interpreted? A machine is AFSOC Gray is not E1, so did they get repainted as well? Does that mean they are ALL in Gunship Gray?

TBH, Gunship Gray is easiest for me as I have spraycans of it, I just want to get it accurate.

He is referring to two different versions, the MH and the HH.

In 1993 all MH-60's were repainted in AFSOC Grey, then in 2003 all remaining HH-60's were repainted in Gunship Grey 36118.

Back in the 90's timeframe the HH's were used by ACC, USAFE, PACAF, ANG and AFRC in a SAR/Personnel recovery role. While all MH's were operated by AFSOC in a Special Forces insertation/recovery role.

However during the mid 90's all MH-60's were transferred over to ACC except for a few at Hurlburt Field.

By the late 90's the MH designation had been dropped and they were all known as HH's. The USArmy still use the MH designation.

AFSOC 'Gray' refers to the scheme and not the actual colours in that scheme. The scheme consists of 

36118 upper surfaces

36375 lower surfaces(I think this applies to fixed wing a/c only)

36375 all markings.

think CV-22.

Edit: Looking at the Werner Wings sheet, there is no AFSOC Gray option on it.

Edited by scotthldr