1/100 Nitto L1011 Cathay Pacific

Not my best work, I was a bit disappointed with this kit as I had heard some pretty good reviews about it and it did not match my expectations, it didnt help that I dropped the damn thing twice! I bought the kit ages ago, it might have been an ebay job I just can't remember. Anyhow when I thought it was time to open this one up again I noticed there were no decals..no matter as I wasnt interested in doing an ANA anyway but it might have been useful for doors / window cockpit glass decals. There are a few aftermarket decal sets available for this kit but I didnt want any of them, Cathay Pacific were the only Tristar operator to Perth back in the day so it had to be Cathay, A simple scheme, I painted the cheat line rest of the markings are home made decals, it is an ok 4 footer (using my crappy eyesight that is!) Tomorrow I will gloss coat it and see it it will fit in the cabinet.. oh yes it is sitting on a borrowed stand, I have to make another one for her
32045505861_7e533e05d8_o.jpg
31788889270_799f57198d_o.jpg
32045506991_9feacaed6d_o.jpg

• Like 29

Its absolutley beautiful.

I love the L-1011 and have many kits in my stash.Also another Nitto 1/100 kit.

One is already built up in Eastern Airlines delivery scheme.

You have done justice to this elegant classic.Top work and she looks gorgeous in Cathay Pacific C/S ,surely one of my favourite schemes:mike: 

Can't beat the gorgeous lines of the Tristar. This looks lovely, a real classic scheme too.

BCal's Tristars were the first live aircraft I was ever let loose on during my apprenticeship, great to work on.

Eng

• 2 weeks later...

one of the most beautiful classic wide bodies to have ever flown our skies...

I love it - such a shame these beautiful old ladies are gone forever.

A big kit showing great end results despite your own concerns. A classic uniform for the old dolphin too.

• Like 1

if anyone's feeling really really L1011 brave out there, could you possibly do one in the BWIA steelpan livery as I loved that and used to fly n them a lot too over to Antigua when we lived there in the early 2000's

Image result for bwia l1011

• Like 1