• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, here is what you get for the coil springs in this kit,

2z6xx11.jpg

after hunting through my springs collection I found these

11r6t7s.jpg

I'm a bit disappointed they don't show up more

2ykj7ep.jpg

Ken, From what I see in the picture, I agree. The windings are a bit thin. Maybe you can find some thicker springs. Other option is to paint them, possibly several layers and in contrasting colours.

I like your dashboard. This is coming together nicely

Here is another update on this one.

I'm wondering (since I've made it gull wing) should I do away with the door handles move them further down or turn them sideways.

30uzej5.jpg

207xjbd.jpg

2096b8i.jpg

igez6a.jpg

16020oy.jpg

2lm0xtf.jpg

2yxmd8n.jpg

• Like 1

Hi all been adding some detail from all the reference pics I've got they all show this with servo assisted breaks, this is what the kit supplies

112bh2b.jpg

So I acquired this off my missus favorite tipple (she is Scottish)

2r5ys0p.jpg

After a little sanding and a crease in the right place

34ilt20.jpg

2h6yjxw.jpg

2r4hi6u.jpg

I've no idea where a lot of these pipes go as I've not got enough ref pics so I've guesstimated 

wurv4h.jpg

• Like 3

A bit late now, but I always use the standard Halfords primer. I understood that the plastic primer has an acid which attacks plastic. Helps it to stick to plastic bumpers, but no good for scale models. 

Ive always had great results with the standard primer. Sticks to brass and plastic really well. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
It never ceases to amaze me the knock on effects changing something on a kit, the doors are causing all sorts of problems first when I did the door shuts I couldn't open the doors because the corner of the firewall stopped it so I had to undo it then cut the corner of the door panels off to clear it then ( after I'd glued the windows in) I discovered (since they were designed for fixed doors they wrapped round the sides and included the side windows therefore preventing the doors from shutting, grrr)
5zfjav.jpg
I mentioned I'd already glued them in didn't I, well normally revells glue for clear plastic comes unglued fairly easily (in fact I've had windows fall out at the slightest touch) do you think this would come off, no stuck like a limpet so I had to cut the side window bits off with the window installed (not easy I can tell you.
21lr7f7.jpg
e695j5.jpg
feopy9.jpg
  • Like 2

Well everything fits where its supposed to, for a 1/8 kit it is very lacking in detail the battery is somewhat pyramid shaped so will also need scratch building. I would say its a good basis for a custom job (and ive seen some really gorgeous ones) so i know it can be made good. For me i wouldnt spend more than 30 quid on it as i needs shed loads of work to be honest i would never buy another one, if you like corvettes and dont mind a fair bit of scratch building go for it, its a good base to start from, but for me thats about it.

• Like 1

Hi all here is the next update
2eqdyxw.jpg
1z5ui2p.jpg
2rncttz.jpg
The battery was pyramid shaped so I sliced down the corners then with some material removed I glued them back together getting rid of the pyramid shape (I assume they did it like that to get it out of the mould)
2h2mtfn.jpg
242zbdi.jpg
  • Like 1