Monogram 1/8 65 corvette stingray

kpnuts

My LMS has a re-box of this in stock and I must say I'm tempted, but it's very expensive and, as you say, huge! Maybe....

Watching with interest.

Steve

Hi all well ive cut the doors out and got some piano wire, so it looks like its going to have working doors (gulp) been downloading pics of the engine but they all serm to show one side or the have a mahoosive air filter on so i cant see where some pipes go so ive been guessing. 
Still no internet or phone and weve been informed it may be another fortnight(got to get permisdion to shut the road, so on and so forth) anyway will post pics when i can, dont know when thats likely to be.

Hello Ken.

If it's of any use, I have folder with around 120 pics of my Stingray build which shows lots of engine and brake pipe add-ons and where they all go.

There's also a lot of pics showing the door and interior alterations.

I can email it to you if you like - let me have an email address via PM.

Roy.

Edited by roymattblack
  • Like 1

Hi all another update, got some primer on (its halfords plastic primer) Ive used it loads of times and never had this reaction before
wtegdg.jpg
It's on both the doors (which were part of the body till I cut them out, so all the same plastic and yet the car body seems unaffected
2ursd2x.jpg
Seems strange will strip the doors and re spray them, hopefully that will correct it.

Fabulous project K! Looking really good so far. Definitely one of the nicest body shapes ever for an auto (Imho).

A small point, not sure if it matters to you (artistic flair!), but the four speed transmission that came in these cars was either a M20 Muncie or M22 "Rockcrusher" Muncie. These transmissions were/are in aluminum casing and never painted. So, if you haven't bolted it in yet, perhaps an aluminum colour? The bell housing is aluminum too, usually painted Chev orange as you have done. Exception to this would be an after market steel bell housing from Lakewood; these tended to be red or yellow. Steel "scattershields" stopped the pieces of exploding clutch material from coming up through the floorboards and slicing some pieces off of you. When launching at high rpm for a drag race this did happen from time to time.

Great subject, great build! Looking forward to seeing more.

Robert