Hasegawa 1/48 Ki-61 Tony

this is a beautiful plane and beautiful paint too. i built this one right before tamiya release her new ones. hasegawa kits are still good and easy to build. so i may keep build some more in the future. 

here are pictures. drill out the exhaust pipes. comments are welcome. 

DSC_0373_zpsgcfwwdt5.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu310/guaguachong/DSC_0376_zpsggoumrta.jpg

DSC_0378_zpshyetpxso.jpg

DSC_0379_zpszsxktx1u.jpg

DSC_0382_zpsnxj876bi.jpg

DSC_0384_zps3l8bpfpp.jpg

DSC_0386_zpsn2c77npj.jpg

DSC_0388_zpsfbhmy3qr.jpg

DSC_0391_zpsro0cze46.jpg

DSC_0394_zpstfkmpdfx.jpg

DSC_0396_zpstoiowdnu.jpg

DSC_0378_zpshyetpxso.jpg

DSC_0379_zpszsxktx1u.jpg

DSC_0382_zpsnxj876bi.jpg

• Like 28

8 hours ago, ForestFan said:

Lovely build, would be good to see this next to a 109 to see how similar they are

109 is much smaller, wings are shorter,  they are similar of shapes but the minds of design are so different. tony is more like a mix of zero and 109.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nice work ... I can't tell form the photos but is that one of the older kits with raised panel lines or does it have the engraved ones ? Just curious.      Bob H.

On 1/27/2017 at 10:54 PM, Bob Henry said:

Nice work ... I can't tell form the photos but is that one of the older kits with raised panel lines or does it have the engraved ones ? Just curious.      Bob H.

On 1/27/2017 at 10:54 PM, Bob Henry said:

this is a hasegawa 1/48 kits, from 1990s i believe, it has recessed panel lines and ok detail. fitting just soso but not too hard to fix. overall it is still worth to do. and not hard to do neither. 

19 hours ago, guaguachong said:

this is a hasegawa 1/48 kits, from 1990s i believe, it has recessed panel lines and ok detail. fitting just soso but not too hard to fix. overall it is still worth to do. and not hard to do neither. 

Thanks for the info. I got one of the 1990's Hasegawa kits at a swap meet for 10 USD. It is the "George" and it came with True Details aftermarket wheels. However it has the raised panel lines. I'm not sure how to handle it. I can try to eventually build it "As is" and try to darken the raised panel lines or I can attempt to sand off the lines and engrave new ones ( tricky to do ). Any thoughts ?     Bob H.

On 2017/2/4 at 7:55 PM, Bob Henry said:

Thanks for the info. I got one of the 1990's Hasegawa kits at a swap meet for 10 USD. It is the "George" and it came with True Details aftermarket wheels. However it has the raised panel lines. I'm not sure how to handle it. I can try to eventually build it "As is" and try to darken the raised panel lines or I can attempt to sand off the lines and engrave new ones ( tricky to do ). Any thoughts ?     Bob H.

my friend. this is my thought. our time is the most valuable thing. for Ki-61 tony in 1/48 scale, you have newest tamiya kit just released this year with great detail perfect fitting and canopy mask everything, this is No 1 choice. somebody like me, already have hasegawa kits, they are ok details and not hard to do with recess panel lines, and canopy is not hard to mask actually, so still do it.

but i would not think it is worth to try to modify any raised line kits unless you have no other better choice. this is my idea. good luck brother. 

10 - 4 ... The time factor is definitely worth considering. I may still be able to achieve a respectable appearance with the raised panel lines if I do it properly. Thanks for your input.       Bob H.