Airfix's Reboxed 1/72 P-51

John

I made Hasegawa's P-51D as Petie 2nd and used Dark Prussia Blue and I've recently done the Airfix P-51D as Moonbeam McSwine, using the Deep Sky and I can't see much difference in them. I'll be using the Deep Sky to do Cripes A Mighty and the one your doing. I wouldn't worry too much about smaller differences as they would have been small differences in the batches of paint they used on the originals.

thanks

Mike 

What about Tamiya Ts-44 Brilliant Blue? To light? And what about "Bodney Blue"?
http://modelingmadness.com/review/allies/cleaver/us/usaaf/tc7251d.htm

And whats the story behind these reversed D-daymarkings? Or is it just an artistic confusion?
http://www.littlefriends.co.uk/gallery.php?Group=352&Style=item&origStyle=list&Item=79&Temp=1491&searchString=

/André

Edited by Andre B

11 hours ago, Mikemx said:

There's quite a big difference in shades, so it needs to be a lot darker really!

thanks

Mike

I doubt it, are you familiar with the dark blue plastic Revell uses on its paint pots and glue bottles? My pot of 14 is much darker than that 

Just now, PhantomBigStu said:

I doubt it, are you familiar with the dark blue plastic Revell uses on its paint pots and glue bottles? My pot of 14 is much darker than that 

I can't comment without seeing that but just comparing the Blue on Revell Contact and the Blue on My 'Moonbeam McSwine', I can see the Blue Nose is darker than that. Have you tested the paint?

thanks

Mike

36 minutes ago, Mikemx said:

I can't comment without seeing that but just comparing the Blue on Revell Contact and the Blue on My 'Moonbeam McSwine', I can see the Blue Nose is darker than that. Have you tested the paint?

thanks

Mike

Oops seems I hadn't given it enough of a shake, the sample I did last night is dark, but now its much lighter :blush:, lesson of the day what might be enough of shake fr one pot isn't for another

Think i will go the vallejo route now rather than trying to mix humbrol

Thanks Mike :)

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1