PZL.37 Łoś 1:72  by "ZTS"

Work in progress by Andrii Dzhuran.

Hello!    

New season 2017 will be very interesting, I hope. The way I see it  is new ideas, new projects and new inspiration. Why shall I start assembling this new model? Each of us should remember that first of all we do it for ourselves.    

Therefore, it is very important not to make mistakes.  Mistakes result in loss of modelling interest and long-term assembling.    

Let’s get started.  

PZL.37 Łoś 1:72  

At the outbreak of World War II the P.Z.L. P.37 Los (elk) was not only one of the most advanced bombers produced by the Polish aircraft industry at that moment, but was also the only aircraft in service with the Polish air force that could be regarded as being of modern design. P.Z.L. had proposed the P.Z.L.3 advanced bomber to meet a Department of Aeronautics requirement for an aircraft of that class, but the financial stringencies of 1930 prevented the P.Z.L.3´s progress beyond the design stage. P.Z.L.´s next proposal was for a bomber version of the P.Z.L.30 civil transport which, having failed to attract a buyer, was converted into a bomber prototype by P.Z.L.; later it was developed and put into production by the L.W.S. company as the L.W.S.4 Zubr. Then P.Z.L. produced the design for a twin-engine bomber of monoplane configuration, having gained a contract for three prototypes in 1935; the first of them, the P.Z.L. P.31/I, was flown initially in late June 1936.  

My PZL.37 Łoś 1:72   by “ZTS” kit was found in Poland.

Why this choice?

HISTORY 

FARR flew aircraft from Germany and Italy, with their own and other foreign aircraft, as well as captured enemy aircraft. The Romanian Air Force fought against the Hungarian Air Force during the Hungarian annexation of Transylvania. The most basic unit of their formations was the squadron (Group). The Romanian Air Force fought alongside the Luftwaffe during the advance into the Ukraine and Crimea, until the Battle of Stalingrad, when the Southern Luftwaffe Command was installed in Bucharest.  

Twenty-six or twenty-seven PZL.37s (17 from the Bomber Brigade and ten training ones) were withdrawn in 1939 to Romania. In October 1940, they were seized by the Romanian government and 23 were next used by the Romanian air force in the 4th Group, consisting of the 76th and 77th bomber escadres. Some were uparmed with four machine guns (the Polish PWU machineguns were still used). About one third were lost in crashes due to lack of experience of Romanian pilots with the PZL.37´s handling and its high wing loading, and due to engine faults. About 15 were used against the USSR     from 22 June 1941. Among others, they first operated in Bessarabia, then they were bombing Kyyiv and Odesa. Some were lost, mostly due to anti-aircraft fire. Due to a lack of spare parts, the remaining planes were withdrawn from the front in October 1941 and used for training. In April 1944, the 76th escadrille returned to combat, with nine aircraft, but it was withdrawn from the front on 3 May 1944. After Romania joined the Allies, on 1 September 1944, German aircraft destroyed five PZL.37s on the ground.  

The c aptured planes were also tested in Germany and the USSR. Not many PZL.37s fell into German hands (probably only two), because Polish workers scrapped about 30 PZL.37s remaining at the factories in Okęcie and Mielec in October 1939, under the pretext of cleaning up the area, before the German authorities were able to reconnoiter.  

This period of history is interesting to me. And you might also be interested.  

11u845w.png

los3.jpg

PIC_1_W_1552_4.jpg

PIC_1_W_1552_5.jpg

Review of the kit:

IMG_1030.jpg

Edited by Ozzyman69
  • Like 7

30 minutes ago, Crossofiron1971 said:

Interesting Subject!

I hope a lot of the guys in those photos ended up flying Spitfires....

Top photo: some Romanian pilots;
There are Polish pilots on others photos .

8 hours ago, bbudde said:

Oh I'm in here I like the Los as I like the IL-4 with all their glazing Good looking eastern twins.:speak_cool: Will you use the etched parts by Part. Don't know, if they will be produced anymore.

Welcome to follow my topic,BBuDDE and you will see all of my actions. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ozzyman69
  • Like 1

Like it and you'll scratch things. That will be very interesting to see, how it works without the etched things by Part. I will watch this very carefully to look,what can be be made of this! Thanks and cheers!

• Like 2

Day 4

-          Internal cockpit painting;

-          Captain & copilot seats;

-          Crew seats & seat belts;

-          Seats cushions;

-          Instrument panels & instrument deck;

-          Control column;

-          Rudder pedals.

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

• Like 7

Day 5th

-          Nose & main canopy’s & windows  assy installation;

-          Nose body gun (without barrel) on "U" track and some control panel inside of nose canopy ;

-          The barrel permanent installation I can do during final work;

-          Aft empennage under clamp pressure.

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

• Like 5