PZL.37 Łoś 1:72  by "ZTS"

I made one of these around 13 years ago Ozzy. I remember it needed filler in all the same places. I think I also had trouble with the main windows not fitting very well. It takes quite a bit of sanding and filling; you make it look easy :).

Did your windows fit OK?

The 'U' support and seat/strap for the rear lower gun were tricky too.

Agama do very nice colours for these.

It's a lovely old kit, just looks so nice when built. You're doing a wonderful job and the interior detail you have added looks very good; I like your nice subdued aluminium shade for the interior too :goodjob: 

All the best

TonyT

• Like 3

Really enjoying following this build. I recently built a 1980's vintage ZTS IL-2 Stormovik which was moulded in a green glow in the dark plastic and fought me at every stage of the build. But that makes me appreciate the finished article all the more   :D

look forward to seeing you beat this one.

cheers Pat

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

ZTS IL-2 Stormovik

I remember that plastic (IL-2 stormovik - ATTACKER). I did it 15 years ago as a gift to the younger brother. Not for a beginner, of course.

Edited by Ozzyman69

On 21.01.2017 at 22:37, TonyTiger66 said:

Agama do very nice colours for these

Pactra and Humbrol this will do instead. That`s enough for "Elk", "Moose" (Łoś). Agama is not available for me, but I can ordert and tryit  to use in future. 

:thanks:

Edited by Ozzyman69
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

This is shaping up to be a very nice piece of work. I do like your masking, it looks great. :)

Steve.

:thanks:I try to only take on tasks which I'm actually interested in solving. So far so good. :nodding:

Engines is the next step.:phew:

• Like 2

Excellent work on this handsome aircraft. Your little assistant certainly seems pleased with the result!

For the engine, you could buy two of these- http://www.neomega-resin.com/bristol-pegasusalfa-romeo-126rc34-350-p.asp They are expensive, but I can say from my own experience that Vector Resin engines are very good. I believe "Czechmaster (CMQ72010 & CMK7268)" and  "Radial Engines and Wheels (REW72002)" also make a resin Bristol Pegasus.

you could open the cowling panels to display the engine?

Will

Edited by Killingholme
  • Like 2

It has always been important for me to know: Your opinions. I wish to expirience, create a pair of front engines sections using epoxy resin.

Let`s try this. Like that:

epox.jpg

To be continued.

Edited by Ozzyman69
  • Like 3

A good idea & you seem to be making a good job of it but, have another look at the two Pegasus photos posted above, the lower one that shows the front of the motor clearly shows an important feature of the Bristol radials, their push rods were central to the cylinder & one behind the other, I'm guessing exhaust to the front, inlet behind as that is the way around that the valves were. In scale form, it is enough to show them as one rod, but not as the splayed pair as most radials show.

Steve.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stevehnz said:

A good idea & you seem to be making a good job of it but, have another look at the two Pegasus photos posted above, the lower one that shows the front of the motor clearly shows an important feature of the Bristol radials, their push rods were central to the cylinder & one behind the other, I'm guessing exhaust to the front, inlet behind as that is the way around that the valves were. In scale form, it is enough to show them as one rod, but not as the splayed pair as most radials show.

Steve.

Yes, I know, exactly right. Now I can do modyfied a single push rods on the front case:

Moteurs_avions_12.gif

wp030d19b0_05_06.jpg 

It is important to start with this work as soon as posible.

:waiting:

Edited by Ozzyman69
  • Like 3

Pryvit Andriy!

I'm watching your work with great interest! If you need some advice about P.37 Los plane just ask - I have a lot of materials, photos, drawings etc.

Speaking about the engines - it is quite easy to find good Pegasus/Mercury engine in plastic now, for example in new Airfix Blenheim or Swordfish - or even old Frog/NOVO Blenheim or Swordfish (I think it is not hard to find and cheap) - and copy it in resin like you do with this Ju engine. With this Junkers engine you will have a lot of work and the effect would not be very good.

Novo Blenheim engine you can see here:

Frog/Novo Blenheim thread

All the best from Warsaw/Poland!!!

• Like 4

This is one of those occasions when Frog engines look right. The Frog Blenheim ones are really a good base for a Pegasus. 

I know now you want to get on with the build and make progress though, so I can see why you're trying to adapt the Junkers engines.

I like your little digital weighing scales, very nice :thumbsup2: .

Also many thanks for the detail photos of the gunners seat back and the cockpit window solution :).

I wish that I too, had a force of cheerful hardworking Lego workmen that would do tricky jobs on models whilst I slept :D!

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozzyman69 said:

Thank you, GrzeM, thank you, Tony, I hope that yours advices will helpful for me. Little "Lego Master" will be able to rest. :thanks:

Duże dziękuję za rady.

As the two above. Yes, the frog engines are a good base I have an old Airfix Blenheim IV and their engines were alo good . Engine and things and Aeroclub did also good aftermarket ones, which were cheap, but very satisfying. Resin copies of the Airfix/Frog  ones would be much easier to rework and superdetail than the BMW 132 ones of the Ju52 ( although a good base either way) Cheers

54 minutes ago, bbudde said:

As the two above. Yes, the frog engines are a good base I have an old Airfix Blenheim IV and their engines were alo good . Engine and things and Aeroclub did also good aftermarket ones, which were cheap, but very satisfying. Resin copies of the Airfix/Frog  ones would be much easier to rework and superdetail than the BMW 132 ones of the Ju52 ( although a good base either way) Cheers

Well, while my dream lasts about an engine, I can do wing-to-body fairing:

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

Edited by Ozzyman69
  • Like 1