Gathering storm Spitfire.

Hi folk's,playing it safe for the first completion of 2017,although I started her a month ago,Airfix  1/48 Mk1 Spitfire recently delivered to 19 Sqn.

Duxford in 1938.I kept her in cleaner than usual condition due to the peacetime roll that was soon to end,many thank's for looking.

DSCN4370_zpsfmm922y3.jpg

DSCN4371_zpsa162zwef.jpg

DSCN4373_zpsvfsxn4cz.jpg

DSCN4375_zpsr5d1s3y9.jpg

DSCN4374_zpsrmujdxb2.jpg

DSCN4377_zpsagdgj532.jpg

DSCN4378_zps1glellor.jpg

DSCN4379_zpsh8kjhgit.jpg

DSCN4382_zpsdehmulby.jpg

DSCN4381_zpsjrsgqehm.jpg

• Like 40

Hello Steve,

Very nice Spitfire indeed, with this propeller, she look like her mother, every inches of a thoroughbred.

She look more like a racer than a war machine.

Congratulations, I really enjoyed the nice job.

Corsaicorp

• Like 1

A super looking Spitfire and a beautiful finish.  I have always really liked this scheme.  I agree about the weathering.  I would have thought 19 sqn would have been rather proud of their Spitfires and thus kept them in tiptop condition.  Same with the Trembler's Hurricanes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIG X said:

Lovely job Steve :clap2:

Does the 2 blade prop come with the original kit? Or did you source it elsewhere?

Yes,also the decal's and canopy,I was surprised that it was not flat but possibly by 1938 the more familiar bulged hood was introduced.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Newbie(kinda) said:

Lovely job...and exactly how I'll be doing mine; 2 bladed prop and no awful cannons spoiling the beautiful lines. Just as RJM intended.Cracking start to the year...don't suppose you have a WIP?!

Many thanks,sorry no WIP as such, have a scout around the WIP section this kit has been covered in detail be quite a few folk.