This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Ozzy

Got a can opener Babe? Update 19/03/17

30 posts in this topic

Made a start on the farm house, I used the gorilla glue to stick it all together. There are some areas that require filling, which I will do when I have a go at casting a wall. The roof tiles are plus models 1/35 tiles, and I've used balsa wood and plastic card also. I've never built a plaster building before, so it's going to be an interesting challenge.

107e48f48d0f75ab813853694d6fbbe9_zpsm5nl

533be1eb0ded59019b60d2739f40f96d_zps9tzf

3 people like this

Hi Ozzy,

Great to see you've made a start on the construction of the building. I look forward to watching your progress.

The advantages with using cast plaster walls is that they are easier to carve details into, and easier to carve and sand in order to get them to fit together nicely. The disadvantage is that they aren't easy to produce true to the size and shape of the original and they will therefore require a lot more carving and sanding in order to get them to fit together nicely.:lol:

Rearguards,

Badder

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Badder said:

Hi Ozzy,

Great to see you've made a start on the construction of the building. I look forward to watching your progress.

The advantages with using cast plaster walls is that they are easier to carve details into, and easier to carve and sand in order to get them to fit together nicely. The disadvantage is that they aren't easy to produce true to the size and shape of the original and they will therefore require a lot more carving and sanding in order to get them to fit together nicely.:lol:

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder,

the kit comes with one wall, I shall be using that to make my cast with. I'm going to use playdo as my mould, as we've got a few pots nocking about. The fit has been good in most areas and OK in others, my plan is to have a go next week as I've got the house to myself. So if I make a mess I won't get moaned at.

1 person likes this

Hi Ozzy. Hope you are well. Good to see some progress on the farmhouse :thumbsup: and I'm looking forward to the RFI photos of your Zimmeritted Panther!

Hope you have a great weekend.

Kind regards,

Stix

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. Hope you are well. Good to see some progress on the farmhouse :thumbsup: and I'm looking forward to the RFI photos of your Zimmeritted Panther!

Hope you have a great weekend.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

i thought I'd make a start, I've got a bit of casting to do during the build. Panther now in the RFI section, hope you have a great weekend to.