Got a can opener Babe? Update 02/07/17

Ozzy

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Doing a bit of research on the battle of Nuenen, I was looking for a plan of the town used in the HBO series. The closest thing I came across was this, pretty cool, well i think so.

http://youtu.be/dYYqOE2Xsgw

I wonder how much they paid Kermit to do the interview? lol

• Like 1

On 26 April 2017 at 23:39, Badder said:

I wonder how much they paid Kermit to do the interview? lol

I didn't notice the Kermit resemblance the first time I watched it, that's an uncanny likeness.

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Great to see more progress Ozzy - and looking very impressive! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

ive done a bit of wall papering the other night, my roof tiles have turned up so hopefully a bit of roofing over the weekend.

• Like 2

With the weather being good, I've thought I would get on with the roofing. The tiles are from juweela 1:35 roofing tiles, they are plastic and come with 532 tiles and 28 edging tiles. To do the other side I will need to buy another pack.

th_8487e8d0329f519463a033719fd8200a_zpsc

th_4f3ece93bc4b3767dd95057998183ec2_zpsu

Not sure why my pictures have turned out like this?

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

With zoom on (;)) I can see you were making great progress! :thumbsup: Have you had chance to do any more since the end of April?

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

With zoom on (;)) I can see you were making great progress! :thumbsup: Have you had chance to do any more since the end of April?

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

the building has come to a little halt, I've got to get some more roof tiles to complete the other side. Hopefully I will get around to getting them before the end of May.

• Like 1

Hi Ozzy,

Looking good.

Have you thought about constructing a section of tiled roof then making a latex mould and taking casts from it? It would save you time and money in the long run. (Should you ever make any more buildings with roofs, anyway)

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi Ozzy,

Looking good.

Have you thought about constructing a section of tiled roof then making a latex mould and taking casts from it? It would save you time and money in the long run. (Should you ever make any more buildings with roofs, anyway)

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder,

ive not thought of casting the roof tiles, I will need to cast the side wall when I pluck up the courage to have ago. Hopefully some time next month when I've got down to hobbycraft or got around to ordering of the net.

• Like 1

Not a build update, more of a hardware update. I ordered some more roof tiles last week, I also picked up a Tasca Sherman M4A1 yesterday at the Salisbury show and orded a set of T 49 tracks by Bronco. I couldn't find the grizzly tracks in plastic as used on the Sherman in the episode, I may make a start on the Sherman this evening.

• Like 1

Shermans aren't my favourite tanks 'looks wise', but they are certainly fun and easy to build with much fewer wheels/wheel parts to clean up, glue together and paint than those of their opponents!

Have fun!

Rearguards

Badder

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Badder said:

Shermans aren't my favourite tanks 'looks wise', but they are certainly fun and easy to build with much fewer wheels/wheel parts to clean up, glue together and paint than those of their opponents!

Have fun!

Rearguards

Badder

Will do,

i was looking for a Tamyia Cromwell but no joy, however I found a Tasca kit which are almost as rare as hens teeth. I built there VC kit years ago, it went together really well so should have no problems with this kit.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

With  the sun shining, I thought I would do a little out door modelling. I finished off the other roof side, it's looking very homely, I also picked up this mini art set of furniture. I've also switched to postimage to put my pictures through so here goes.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

Lookin' good in the sun.

I was thinking about getting that MiniArt set but I was worried about the accuracy of the scale. It will be interesting to see how it matches up with some figures.

Still very angry over Photobucket. I suspect other such companies will follow suit so I'm backing everything up on a stick now. (A 2ft length of Hazel if you must know):D

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Badder said:

Lookin' good in the sun.

I was thinking about getting that MiniArt set but I was worried about the accuracy of the scale. It will be interesting to see how it matches up with some figures.

Still very angry over Photobucket. I suspect other such companies will follow suit so I'm backing everything up on a stick now. (A 2ft length of Hazel if you must know):D

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder,

i shall keep you updated on the miniart kit, as long as they aren't sized like the door frames we should be ok. I know what yo mean about the PB state of affairs, all that reference lost I hadn't even used my free amount. However using postimage it seems an easier way of doing business.

• Like 2