1/72 Bandai First Order Tie Fighter

• Kit manufacture: Bandai
  • Scale: 1/72
  • Type: TIE/FO First Order Tie Fighter
  • Extras used: None.
  • Paints and colours used: Stynylrez Primer, Tamiya Rubber Black, German Grey, Sand Yellow, Vallejo Model Color paints for hand painting, Vallejo Metal Color Aluminium, Flory Black and Sand wash, Tamiya Matt coat. Water mixable oil paints for dry brushing.
  • Other info: Full build is here : http://florymodels.websitetoolbox.com/post/172-bandai-first-order-tie-fighter-8329956?trail=15

Hi all!

First finish of the year and January isn't even in double figures yet! Actually, I was doing this on a group build on some other forums, and missed the end of year deadline... oops! Anyway, she's done now, see what you think :)

The kit is brilliant. Amazing. Stunning. Mind blowing. I made the original Tie fighter, which is also basically perfect, and they've actually improved this slightly.

I didn't do too much to this to be honest, I tried to keep it simple. I went for Rubber Black so the black isn't too strong, and dry brushed with water mixable oils to bring the detail out a bit. The base is just neat Tamiya Sand Yellow airbrused on from quite a distance and washed, then lightly drybrushed.

So here are the pics:

[fullsizeoutput_1123_zpszq1sawnt] 

[fullsizeoutput_1124_zpscm9ekju0] 

[fullsizeoutput_1128_zpstgp0eif5] 
[fullsizeoutput_1126_zpsn7fkcpm2] 

[fullsizeoutput_1127_zpsilvxeren] 

And that's about it!

Thanks for looking,

Val

• Like 6