Bandai Box-Scale SD

Hello all,

This is my recently (ish, before Crimbo anyway) completed SD from Bandai.

I've already chucked it up in my little Yearbook thing, but not everyone looks there and I do so love attention...

Anyway, the model was undercoated in black then a mottled grey-white was built up with heavily thinned Tamiya flat white thinned with the God King of thinners, MLT. This was then finished off with a Neutral Grey enamel wash.

Toodles,

Paul

20170103_231143

20170103_231206

20170103_231225

20170103_231216

2017-01-03 23.22.15

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, AndyRM101 said:

Lovely looking SD. The wash has really brought out all that fantastic detail to great effect.

Andy

Cheers Andy. Not a patch on yours though. Neither is my ropey photography.

Cop out as it might be it does actually look better in person. The tonality in the paint work is a little washed out here.

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:20 PM, The Chief Smeg said:

That shot against the black back cloth... I swear I heard the theme music right there

Thanks bud. If I had mad photoshop skillzTM I'm sure I could make a more convincing mock-up, but as it stands playing with the brightness and contrast will have to do.

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:08 PM, ScootyPuffJunior said:

Fantastic job on the SD! It's such a great little model and you've done it a fine justice.

Thanks SPJ, much appreciated. It was looking over your and Andy's examples that prompted me to actually break the thing out of the box and build it (not that that part takes very long).

Toodles,

Paul

• Like 2