Heller 1/8 traction avant cabriolet conversion

kpnuts

That is so Roy wish I'd known you had even more skills I would have picked your brains when I was building the La Reale and the Soliel Royal. You really are a man of many talents.

Hi all next update the rad is fitted, have I said I love this kit the rad is a 1/24 kit on its own, I'm developing a plan for another one anyway here is today's work.
oayjyc.jpg
9a71ib.jpg
1e9r3k.jpg
  • Like 1

Hi all here is today's update.

20k7ns6.jpg

jucp53.jpg

I'm really happy the way the chrome has golded  (is that a word) 

2d13bc8.jpg

2mzxhj6.jpg

205b983.jpg

j7xabm.jpg

I think the gold works incredibly well with the purple I realise the purple needs a few more coats, then I need to start the marbling effect, have I mentioned I love this kit.

• Like 1

Hi all here is another update on the engine bay (there is soooooooooooo much detail in this kit, it's a superb model)
343n6dv.jpg
2s77via.jpg
wix0nr.jpg
2ekndjl.jpg
The engine bay is still not finished (by a long way)
  • Like 1

Hi all well I'm scrapping the marble effect idea (the gold pigment in the paint was too thin and would have required two coats to even start to cover which doesn't work with the marbling effect) (it's a one coat thing) not sure what I will do now, I'm thinking hard now.
33589ki.jpg
I've put the humbrol tin there to give an idea of the size of this beast.
6zmscy.jpg
  • Like 1

Hi all well here's the next bit, I got some leather for the seats (thanks to Roy Fitzsimmons) and I decided to add wooden window sills to it.
2ng7bci.jpg
5mg4cl.jpg
2ec1xn7.jpg
rkwpix.jpg
wwkn7o.jpg
rixkyh.jpg
2yjq0ja.jpg
dpke28.jpg
  • Like 1

Whilst not my choice of coachwork colour....I can fully appreciate the great work you are putting in to this build....very nice mate :)

It does indeed look to have some nice detail...and what you are adding only makes it better....good stuff.

Ron

Hi all here is another update (the seats are just placed for now not actually fixed yet) in this kit the front seats are adjustable  (just like the real thing) they slide forwards and back.
This really is an amazing kit.
nwijp1.jpg
2my99no.jpg
20p31gp.jpg
2hdo4yc.jpg
  • Like 2

Hi all here's the next bit I decided to do something really different with the paint job then couldn't resist trying it all together I need to add a lot of lacquer to it yet but I'm quite pleased with it so far.
2wdvmg2.jpg
2m64hmb.jpg
maceo9.jpg
b97mg0.jpg
  • Like 2