Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

PhotoBucket are no longer permitting 3rd party hosting   01/07/17

As most of you are now painfully aware, Photobucket (PB) are stopping/have stopped allowing their members to link their accumulated years of photos into forums and the like, which they call 3rd party linking.  You can give them a non-refundable $399 a year to allow links, but I doubt that many will be rushing to take them up on that offer.  If you've previously paid them for the Pro account, it looks like you've got until your renewal to find another place to host your files, but you too will be subject to this ban unless you fork over a lot of cash.   PB seem to be making a concerted move to another type of customer, having been the butt of much displeasure over the years of a constantly worsening user interface, sloth and advertising pop-ups, with the result that they clearly don't give a hoot about the free members anymore.  If you don't have web space included in your internet package, you need to start looking for another photo host, but choose carefully, as some may follow suit and ditch their "free" members at some point.  The lesson there is keep local backups on your hard drive of everything you upload, so you can walk away if the same thing happens.   There's a thread on the subject here, so please use that to curse them, look for solutions or generall grouse about their mental capacity.   Not a nice situation for the forum users that hosted all their photos there, and there will now be a host of useless threads that relied heavily on photos from PB, but as there's not much we can do other than petition for a more equitable solution, I suggest we make the best of what we have and move on.  One thing is for certain.  It won't win them any friends, but they may not care at this point.    Mike.
silver911

Pocher Ducati

246 posts in this topic
22 hours ago, Pouln said:

Well, we must conclude that you are extremely successful in executing your intentions.

great results, Ron

Hi Poul....thanks for comment...greatly appreciated :)

Like Mr C....I freely admit that I don't always get it right first time....but I am stubborn enough to keep trying until I do!

Regards

Ron

As has been said superlatives have been exhausted on this one. I just hope mine is half as good.

2 hours ago, kpnuts said:

As has been said superlatives have been exhausted on this one. I just hope mine is half as good.

Very kind mate :)

If there's anything I can help you with on yours....please let me know ;)

Cheers

Ron

Well I don't get it till October but I'm sure to be seeking when I do thanks mate.

10 minutes ago, kpnuts said:

Well I don't get it till October but I'm sure to be seeking when I do thanks mate.

I have found a lot of alternative sources for fixings etc., and some very good refs.

Also found easier ways to tackle certain areas.

Just shout when your ready :)

Ron

Hi Ron,

Really nice progress on this so far, the electronic modules look very nice after your modifications.

Best Regards

Keith.

6 hours ago, Mpfiend said:

Hi Ron,

Really nice progress on this so far, the electronic modules look very nice after your modifications.

Best Regards

Keith.

Hi Keith...pleased you like the progress and mods.

Trouble with adding all this detail...when do you stop!

Cheers

Ron

18 hours ago, silver911 said:

Hi Keith...pleased you like the progress and mods.

Trouble with adding all this detail...when do you stop!

Cheers

Ron

Yes, that is the question of the century, and I have no idea to the answer.

Best Regards

Keith.

Hi mate any progress on this?

23 hours ago, kpnuts said:

Hi mate any progress on this?

Hi Ken,

it is on hold until I can get a case for it!

Without the wheels/forks etc., it barely fits in the TV unit cupboard.

What little bits I have done are not worth posting, so don't worry, I will continue as soon as funds for a case are available.

I have been working on a 1/4th scale crash helmet to display alongside it ;)

Thanks for asking mate :)

Ron

Ok I just didn't want to miss any of it. Is the helmet a kit or are you scratch building it.

42 minutes ago, kpnuts said:

Ok I just didn't want to miss any of it. Is the helmet a kit or are you scratch building it.

Bit of both mate....overall shape is there for me to customise and re-shape to suit style of the bike ;)

Will tint visor and add vents etc.....plus a couple of fittings...and a decent lining/strap.....finish with a custom spray job.

Ron

Sounds good mate, look forward to it.

Dang, I missed this one for a while..... Amazing progress Ron. This is going to be a "real" looking bike!

11 hours ago, Dinky said:

Dang, I missed this one for a while..... Amazing progress Ron. This is going to be a "real" looking bike!

I have done my best so far to create the illusion of 'reality'....which can be difficult to maintain throughout a build....so hopefully it will continue until the finish.

Thanks for comment...much appreciated.

Ron

1 hour ago, silver911 said:

I have done my best so far to create the illusion of 'reality'....which can be difficult to maintain throughout a build....so hopefully it will continue until the finish.

Thanks for comment...much appreciated.

Ron

Your work seems so natural that it appears to be no effort for you to do it and continue it. But the truth is that it's enormously difficult, requiring heavy concentration and an arsenal of skills. The further difficulty is maintaining a consistent level of condition throughout the build.

You manage that all with apparent ease. Resumption of your work is a text book lesson for all of us. :worthy:

I can't wait to see the 1/4 helmet and proof it isn't a 1:1!  Your bike is so realistic I wonder if you are tricking us with ref pics sometimes jk 

On 18/07/2017 at 9:11 PM, Codger said:

Your work seems so natural that it appears to be no effort for you to do it and continue it. But the truth is that it's enormously difficult, requiring heavy concentration and an arsenal of skills. The further difficulty is maintaining a consistent level of condition throughout the build.

You manage that all with apparent ease. Resumption of your work is a text book lesson for all of us. :worthy:

I guess...like most things in life....some things come naturally to certain people...so I am lucky in that respect where weathering and painting are concerned.

As you say...consistency is the key....and yes...it can be difficult if you don't have a plan from the outset.

I always appreciate your comments and continued support Mr C.

Respect

Ron

14 hours ago, rjfk2002 said:

I can't wait to see the 1/4 helmet and proof it isn't a 1:1!  Your bike is so realistic I wonder if you are tricking us with ref pics sometimes jk 

Hope to get some bench time on the helmet this weekend mate....and will include reference items in the pics...just so you can see it's not a cheat using 1:1 for effect ;)

You have my word as an officer and a gentleman that what you see is entirely the model :)

Thanks for comments mate.

Regards

Ron

5 hours ago, silver911 said:

I guess...like most things in life....some things come naturally to certain people...so I am lucky in that respect where weathering and painting are concerned.

As you say...consistency is the key....and yes...it can be difficult if you don't have a plan from the outset.

I always appreciate your comments and continued support Mr C.

Respect

Ron

Support is easy for work such as this. It is vital you continue. Not only for you to have a top model. But to have you continue your contribution to the education of those of us smart enough to follow this work.

I personally view it as a precursor of beauty and realism to come when you open those big(er) Pocher boxes in waiting.  I hope there's a classic in that cupboard to show me what I should have done...:doh:

9 hours ago, Codger said:

Support is easy for work such as this. It is vital you continue. Not only for you to have a top model. But to have you continue your contribution to the education of those of us smart enough to follow this work.

I personally view it as a precursor of beauty and realism to come when you open those big(er) Pocher boxes in waiting.  I hope there's a classic in that cupboard to show me what I should have done...:doh:

As said....all that is preventing me from continuing at the moment is the lack of a case for this beast....hopefully....that will be rectified next month when funds become available :)

As for the the prospect of a Pocher 'Classic'.....in truth....my skills fall far short of such an epic journey as you undertook with your Rolls Royce....and most certainly what others are doing with regard to re-defining what a true classic should look like.

I freely admit to being in awe of you 'Classic' builders....and...I honestly don't believe I have anything to teach you with regard to 'reality' when I look at what you achieved with your own masterpiece.

I accept that others view my work as different....some like it...others don't....but that is the nature of the beast for all of us....we see in others work...what we would like to achieve in our own.

There is another 'big box' lurking in my cupboard....but not a 'Classic'....and...much like the 'Duke'....I want to do something very different with it....but that is for another day ;)

Ron