Pocher Ducati

22 hours ago, Pouln said:

Well, we must conclude that you are extremely successful in executing your intentions.

great results, Ron

Hi Poul....thanks for comment...greatly appreciated :)

Like Mr C....I freely admit that I don't always get it right first time....but I am stubborn enough to keep trying until I do!

Regards

Ron

2 hours ago, kpnuts said:

As has been said superlatives have been exhausted on this one. I just hope mine is half as good.

Very kind mate :)

If there's anything I can help you with on yours....please let me know ;)

Cheers

Ron

10 minutes ago, kpnuts said:

Well I don't get it till October but I'm sure to be seeking when I do thanks mate.

I have found a lot of alternative sources for fixings etc., and some very good refs.

Also found easier ways to tackle certain areas.

Just shout when your ready :)

Ron

6 hours ago, Mpfiend said:

Hi Ron,

Really nice progress on this so far, the electronic modules look very nice after your modifications.

Best Regards

Keith.

Hi Keith...pleased you like the progress and mods.

Trouble with adding all this detail...when do you stop!

Cheers

Ron

18 hours ago, silver911 said:

Hi Keith...pleased you like the progress and mods.

Trouble with adding all this detail...when do you stop!

Cheers

Ron

Yes, that is the question of the century, and I have no idea to the answer.

Best Regards

Keith.

• 5 weeks later...
23 hours ago, kpnuts said:

Hi mate any progress on this?

Hi Ken,

it is on hold until I can get a case for it!

Without the wheels/forks etc., it barely fits in the TV unit cupboard.

What little bits I have done are not worth posting, so don't worry, I will continue as soon as funds for a case are available.

I have been working on a 1/4th scale crash helmet to display alongside it ;)

Thanks for asking mate :)

Ron

42 minutes ago, kpnuts said:

Ok I just didn't want to miss any of it. Is the helmet a kit or are you scratch building it.

Bit of both mate....overall shape is there for me to customise and re-shape to suit style of the bike ;)

Will tint visor and add vents etc.....plus a couple of fittings...and a decent lining/strap.....finish with a custom spray job.

Ron

11 hours ago, Dinky said:

Dang, I missed this one for a while..... Amazing progress Ron. This is going to be a "real" looking bike!

I have done my best so far to create the illusion of 'reality'....which can be difficult to maintain throughout a build....so hopefully it will continue until the finish.

Thanks for comment...much appreciated.

Ron

1 hour ago, silver911 said:

I have done my best so far to create the illusion of 'reality'....which can be difficult to maintain throughout a build....so hopefully it will continue until the finish.

Thanks for comment...much appreciated.

Ron

Your work seems so natural that it appears to be no effort for you to do it and continue it. But the truth is that it's enormously difficult, requiring heavy concentration and an arsenal of skills. The further difficulty is maintaining a consistent level of condition throughout the build.

You manage that all with apparent ease. Resumption of your work is a text book lesson for all of us. :worthy:

On 18/07/2017 at 9:11 PM, Codger said:

Your work seems so natural that it appears to be no effort for you to do it and continue it. But the truth is that it's enormously difficult, requiring heavy concentration and an arsenal of skills. The further difficulty is maintaining a consistent level of condition throughout the build.

You manage that all with apparent ease. Resumption of your work is a text book lesson for all of us. :worthy:

I guess...like most things in life....some things come naturally to certain people...so I am lucky in that respect where weathering and painting are concerned.

As you say...consistency is the key....and yes...it can be difficult if you don't have a plan from the outset.

I always appreciate your comments and continued support Mr C.

Respect

Ron

14 hours ago, rjfk2002 said:

I can't wait to see the 1/4 helmet and proof it isn't a 1:1!  Your bike is so realistic I wonder if you are tricking us with ref pics sometimes jk 

Hope to get some bench time on the helmet this weekend mate....and will include reference items in the pics...just so you can see it's not a cheat using 1:1 for effect ;)

You have my word as an officer and a gentleman that what you see is entirely the model :)

Thanks for comments mate.

Regards

Ron

5 hours ago, silver911 said:

I guess...like most things in life....some things come naturally to certain people...so I am lucky in that respect where weathering and painting are concerned.

As you say...consistency is the key....and yes...it can be difficult if you don't have a plan from the outset.

I always appreciate your comments and continued support Mr C.

Respect

Ron

Support is easy for work such as this. It is vital you continue. Not only for you to have a top model. But to have you continue your contribution to the education of those of us smart enough to follow this work.

I personally view it as a precursor of beauty and realism to come when you open those big(er) Pocher boxes in waiting.  I hope there's a classic in that cupboard to show me what I should have done...:doh:

9 hours ago, Codger said:

Support is easy for work such as this. It is vital you continue. Not only for you to have a top model. But to have you continue your contribution to the education of those of us smart enough to follow this work.

I personally view it as a precursor of beauty and realism to come when you open those big(er) Pocher boxes in waiting.  I hope there's a classic in that cupboard to show me what I should have done...:doh:

As said....all that is preventing me from continuing at the moment is the lack of a case for this beast....hopefully....that will be rectified next month when funds become available :)

As for the the prospect of a Pocher 'Classic'.....in truth....my skills fall far short of such an epic journey as you undertook with your Rolls Royce....and most certainly what others are doing with regard to re-defining what a true classic should look like.

I freely admit to being in awe of you 'Classic' builders....and...I honestly don't believe I have anything to teach you with regard to 'reality' when I look at what you achieved with your own masterpiece.

I accept that others view my work as different....some like it...others don't....but that is the nature of the beast for all of us....we see in others work...what we would like to achieve in our own.

There is another 'big box' lurking in my cupboard....but not a 'Classic'....and...much like the 'Duke'....I want to do something very different with it....but that is for another day ;)

Ron

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Announcement....

Following being made redundant last Wednesday....at the ripe old age of 65...and with future employment chances being almost non existent....it is with great sadness and deep regret that I have to announce that this build will never be completed!

I am therefore offering the kit and all the extras I have purchased for it for sale @ £250 ONO

This would have to be for collection only in the Surrey area of the UK (KT1 3HE).

If anyone is interested...please message me.

Thanks to you all for your interest and support throughout the build.

Regards

Ron

• Sad 4

Ron,

May I urge you to reconsider selling the kit right away... stories are numerous of modellers who sold their stash / equipment, only to much regret that decision later. For the 250 pounds I'd keep the kit for another half year or so, to decide then. Think of all the time you spent on the kit and the amount you're now asking for it.... or perhaps sell it to a friend who will keep it for you, in case you'll ever want to resume work on it. 

Hope you'll consider this.

If this is not an option, regarding the scratchbuilt nuts, you might consider contacting forum member Mustang who was interested in making his own. Perhaps you could save him some work by selling them to him.

Brgds Roy

• Like 1

That is a great shame, Ron. I feel for you, matey!

Is there no possible way to continue, even at a slower pace due to limited funds? I know things will be hard for a while (I've been through financial hardship myself for the last couple of yrs), but where there's a will, there's a way!

Cheers, H

44 minutes ago, Roy vd M. said:

Ron,

May I urge you to reconsider selling the kit right away... stories are numerous of modellers who sold their stash / equipment, only to much regret that decision later. For the 250 pounds I'd keep the kit for another half year or so, to decide then. Think of all the time you spent on the kit and the amount you're now asking for it.... or perhaps sell it to a friend who will keep it for you, in case you'll ever want to resume work on it. 

Hope you'll consider this.

If this is not an option, regarding the scratchbuilt nuts, you might consider contacting forum member Mustang who was interested in making his own. Perhaps you could save him some work by selling them to him.

Brgds Roy

Hi Roy,

sadly money is needed ASAP, but I can understand your thoughts on possible regrets.

Regards the nuts you so kindly fabricated for me, they are an intrinsic part of the build detail level, and I would never consider parting them from what I had achieved with the work done so far.

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Ron