Pocher Ducati

Hi Keith....glad you like the details I have added :)

Of course you may....contact details are in a previous post on this thread mate.

Yes I did see it....I  asked for a price....purely out of interest.....but they couldn't give me one at the time!

My best guess....1500€ +......so way above my pay grade lol

It's a big part of why I am trying to show what can be done with as little an outlay as possible ;)

Ron

• Like 1

Had a productive couple of days on this beast :)

Having airbrushed the basic shades on the radiators and fins....it was time to marry them up and add a little bit of weathering....

A1_zpse54b6xiq.jpgA2_zpsk72q13go.jpg

A3_zpsb92kck4w.jpg

With that done...a couple of mist coats of matt varnish were applied....and once that  dried....it was time to fix them to the carcass....and add the cap and main connector hose.

A4_zpsthqmzndg.jpg

Next up were the front stone guard....still undecided whether to add the stone guard to the top radiator after all that work adding the fins!......and a few pipes/cables.

A6_zpsxclqawdx.jpg

A5_zps1s1tg8ap.jpg

A10_zpsdik8bzmp.jpg

A9_zpsqgksgwsr.jpg

A8_zps0tdfncyr.jpg

A11_zpsyutmlx80.jpg

I then went back and cabled up the battery....added one of the missing cables from the starter relay...and made the starter motor lead.

A13_zpsmx4m1jir.jpg

While I was in the mood for scratching cables....I re-made the exhaust sensors (too big first time around!)....and the oil pressure switch cable/connectors.

A14_zps2tifhbq1.jpg

Next will be more of the missing cables/connectors and switches....then I can start assembling this lot to the main engine block :)

Ron

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Dinky said:

Amazing progress Ron.

One tip, the "dent" in the big radiator is needed for the exhaust I believe.

Glad you like the progress :)

Thanks for the tip mate...much appreciated ;)

Cheers

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

A great reference work can't wait to get mine (of course it won't be to this standard )but it's still very inspirational. Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kpnuts said:

A great reference work can't wait to get mine (of course it won't be to this standard )but it's still very inspirational. Keep up the good work.

A big compliment mate :)

It's in the enjoyment that our standards are raised...not whether one build is as good as the others...and...as said....I am always here if you need to ask questions when you start ;)

ATB

Ron

16 hours ago, Codger said:

Show us more - please...:eat:

16 hours ago, larchiefeng said:

You are doing such great stuff here with the extra details that you are adding over and above the transkit and your paint work is a master class in the use of oils for shading and weathering that we all want to see more.

As you both asked so nicely....how can I refuse....

With the main exhaust pipes weathered and awaiting the fitting of the springs and mounts...along with the oxygen sensors....I decided to turn my attention to the mufflers.

The front covers/shields were airbrushed with 'Zero' Textured Black....and were then given 5 coats of 'Klear'.

01_zpsdkgyrras.jpg

Next up...the main body....as with the exhaust pipes in a previous update...these were again done with oil paints and a small amount of Carbon Steel pigment....with no acrylic paints (metal).

02_zpszmvx3j6w.jpg

03_zpspelocbi7.jpg

Assembly of the shields was done first with a few drops of CA....then holes were drilled and tapped for suitable fixings.

I did it this way....because the fit of the parts was not that good!....using the fixings allowed me to take out some of the 'flex' in the shields...and get a better/tighter fit to the body ;)

04_zps6o1gl2hu.jpg

05_zpsl3cxcmde.jpg

06_zpsgsh8aigb.jpg

With this done....I could then reassemble the mufflers to the branch pipe.

07_zps360xzcc9.jpg

08_zpsisutup7l.jpg

09_zpshj56qnuv.jpg

010_zpsby2sudo5.jpg

I will add suitable decals once they are on the bike to avoid handling damage.

Ron

The beautiful thing about your finishes Ron, is that, despite many subtle changes of color on a part from age, heat or abuse, it all looks 'homogeneous'. Meaning it all looks like it came out of one coat of  spray. Exactly like real parts look. 

A major accomplishment.:worthy:

4 hours ago, Codger said:

The beautiful thing about your finishes Ron, is that, despite many subtle changes of color on a part from age, heat or abuse, it all looks 'homogeneous'. Meaning it all looks like it came out of one coat of  spray. Exactly like real parts look. 

A major accomplishment.:worthy:

1 hour ago, Pouln said:

I second that. I'm in awe with your paintwork. It all looks so natural.

Thank you both very much for the compliment .....although I have an advantage with my figure background....I truly believe that acrylic metals can appear 'cartoony' (flat) if not weathered in.

Even for a 'showroom' build...a little light weathering of the metals pays dividends in depth and realism IMHO.

Ron

• Like 1

Finally getting some of the parts I have been working on fixed to the main block.

First up...the Oil Cooler and the connector for the pipe to the Radiator Cap....along with the Oil Pressure switch and connectors.

AB5_zpsulv3hlv8.jpgAB2_zpsk6qzi8ch.jpg

Then came the Battery + cables....with the Starter Motor Relay and a few of the cables (only about half of them so far!)...I will add the labels/decals later in the build.

AB3_zpssncoxoqb.jpgAB4_zps4cghms8z.jpg

With the relay in place I could then connect it to the Starter Motor itself.

AB6_zpsr0ulsbyr.jpg

Just a couple of shots of the main block as it stands now.

AB7_zpsmdfqgnju.jpg

AB8_zpszymgr1ym.jpg

Still a lot more work to add to these assemblies...with yet more cables and connectors...plus a few fittings to scratch....slow work...but rewarding I think.

Ron

Edited by silver911
missing text
  • Like 1

These are surely 1:1 photos...if they're not, the overall presentation in 1/8 is superior to anything yet seen. They have the dead real look of metal and rubber parts cast and bolted together. This engine should be displayed outside the chassis so as not to lose the visual detail feast.

Period.  :bobby::police:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Codger said:

These are surely 1:1 photos...if they're not, the overall presentation in 1/8 is superior to anything yet seen. They have the dead real look of metal and rubber parts cast and bolted together. This engine should be displayed outside the chassis so as not to lose the visual detail feast.

Period.  :bobby::police:

I guess that reinforces that what I wanted/hoped to achieve is worth the effort.

Your comments are like gold to me Mr C....I am not afraid to admit....I thrive on the support and comments made on my work...by all who take the time to comment/ask....and drive myself to get better with such.

Yes...it will be a shame to hide a lot of the work and detailing...but...sadly....that is the nature of the beast in our world.

Respect

Ron

I still can't believe that you get such a variation of tones and colors just using oils! This is some seriously great paint work but, so is the detail work on the cables and hoses etc! I'm with Mr.C, are you sure you're not just taking pictures of a real on and telling us its the Pocher?

52 minutes ago, larchiefeng said:

I still can't believe that you get such a variation of tones and colors just using oils! This is some seriously great paint work but, so is the detail work on the cables and hoses etc! I'm with Mr.C, are you sure you're not just taking pictures of a real on and telling us its the Pocher?

Well I guess it would be easier to post pics of the real thing....certainly a lot less work....but nowhere near as much fun ;)

You have to take into account that I am a 'classically' trained oil painter of 40 years...who loves to break the rules....and....as my teacher used to say "ignores the traditions and boundaries of accepted oil painters".

As a mentor of mine once said... "acrylics are for walls and ceilings....oils are for life (reality)" 

Ron

• Like 2