Figurine decals - WWII Japanese pilots

Bigglesof266

Not sure where to put this for either correct categorisation or to receive maximum probability of informed end user response given the esoteric nature of the enquiry. For the latter and relevant to WW II aircraft, I thought here. If it needs be somewhere else, a pre-emptive thanks mods.

Recently bought Modelkasten's Rabaul IJN pilots and generic IJA/IJN aircrew figurine sets in 1/48. I've seen images of them finished adorned with upper arm rank insigna, kanji on white and or national insignia upper sleeve adornment. Whilst the Nisshoki is possibly paintable in that scale, just, the upper sleeve rank and kanji appear almost certainly to be in scale decals. The generic kit didn't come supplied with any decals. Rabaul pilots is in transit so unknown as yet but presumed the same. So after that lengthy explanatory preamble, my enquiry.

Is anyone aware of any period Japanese military figurine decals in 1/48 currently available that might be adaptable suitable for purpose?

Thank you for that link. Here's a reference link I found.

http://peoplescale.com/FIGURES-BY-HEIGHT_c212.htm

1/48 figures are approx 38mm tall according to it. 1/72 are 25mm, both give or take the latter of which coincides roughly enough with Plastic Soldier Review's site av 22~23mm for 1/72. 

Your painted Nisshoki looks just the ticket in 1/72. Though resonant with halcyon memories of childhood and youth, the scale scares me now. Fudge fingers and "were the parts really ever that hard to see" eyesight has 'weakened' me. Your late Zero (A6M5c ?) photographs impressively in that scale.

4 hours ago, Bigglesof266 said:

Your painted Nisshoki looks just the ticket in 1/72.

Oh, no! I’m not that great at the fiddly stuff (coffee hands:blush:).

Just spare decal cut to size. I think I used a small punch ‘n die set for the small circle.

Mart