1/48 Airfix P-40B Warhawk

Hi!

Here's my first for 2017. The new Airfix kit was a joy to build. I modified the pilot in the kit to a more natural pose. The prop blur was simulated by brushing pastel on the spinner. The model was painted using Vallejo Air colors.

R8e0oLw.jpg

3JapxKA.jpg

xwVMvVb.jpg

pPrY4LA.jpg

aUvHnYM.jpg

Hope you enjoy. Any comments appreciated :)

Best regards

Rune

• Like 46

Impressive build and presentation. I like what you did with the prop blur and the pilot figure. Paintwork is really well done too, nicely faded. Overall a really nice P_40. Cheers Greg:yahoo:

• Like 1

Really love your take on the spinning prop. Really well done and a technique I'm going to unashamedly use if I ever do a in-flight model.

Otherwise the model is really nicely painted and weathered subtly and realistically. I also like what you did with the pilot :D

Great work all around :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I have to agree with k5054nz that it made me think of Ray Hannah in Empire of the Sun!

I particularly like the idea of using pastels on the spinner to give the effect of prop blur, the final result looks quite convincing.

Rich

Well done!

Possibly the most realistic prop blurr I have seen in a very long time. Brilliant!

JR

Very nice Warhawk and what already has been said great way to do the prop blur easy and effective.

Guy