Revell - F-4G Phantom II Wild Weasel

Mikeymo

Hi All,

Firstly, I've not posted much on this forum, so I am hoping I'm posting this thread in the correct section. If not, please forgive me and ask a mod to relocate it.

Okay, so I bought the above mentioned kit. I haven't built a plastic model kit in over 25 years. 
Back then, I was a teenager and always in a hurry so never really bothered with details. Just glue, paint, decal. DONE!

This time, I want to build this thing to perfection...or as close to as possible.

Anyone ever built one of these? I've searched the forums and I couldn't find a build log. I'm after tips on details and painting recommendations mainly/

As an aside point, I have never airbrushed anything in my life :) But I have just ordered an airbrush kit over eBay and waiting on it to arrive. I've got everything else I need so thought I would do some research while I wait for the airbrush.

So...please offer any advice you may have :)
Constructive, or even otherwise ;)

Thanks!

As far as detailing goes, if you're looking at aftermarket goodies, check out GT Resin's page over on the LSP forums. Their resin parts for the Phantom are outstanding and they do an excellent resin cockpit for the F-4G plus exhaust nozzles and other stuff, not cheap, but superb stuff...

-Dazza

• Like 1

While you are over at LSP there is a corrections list by Thierry Laurent for the kit, you might be setting your bar very high for a first model in a while if you try them all! There are also a couple of builds there for F-4G conversions on the Tamiya kit which are good primers for detailing a G.

One thing I would say, an airbrush doesn't give you an immediate pass into perfection (your words), it's a tool that requires practice and you might want to try a cheap kit as a practice mule before tackling the Rhino.

Not trying to put you off, just managing expectations 😀, good luck with the build and do start an in progress thread, it's a model on my to do list.

Dave