Cyber Hobby Meteor F. 3

Bob C.

The instructions for this kit (Step #3) indicate that one is to open flashed over sets of 2 holes on the upper wing pieces (C4/C3) on the forward inner surface of each nacelle.  No other info provided, and I can't see anything like this in any reference I have, but pictures of that exact area are about non-existent.  Can anyone shed any light?  Should I ignore the instructions on this point? 

Thanks,

Bob C

Bob, Although not in the instructions you can fit parts C5 and 6 to those holes you are required to drill :

IMG_20160625_170226_zpsmevmfhqg.jpg

69EF176F-F23A-4121-A04E-5C2756FED839_zps

However I was building a Derwent engined aircraft, it may be different for one with Welland engines.

the complete build thread is here if it helps: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235004166-australias-first-gloster-meteor-172-cyberhobby-dragon-f3/

• Like 1

See this thread:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/69118-mpm-72567-gloster-meteor-fmki/

The bottom line (from one of the posts therein): without actually telling you so, the kit allows you to build either a Meteor III Interim with Welland engines (long tailpipes, no vents, serials EE236-244) or a Meteor F.III with Derwent engines (short tailpipes, oil cooler vents, serials EE245 onward).

The Cyberhobby Meteors are the exception to the rule: fine kits, albeit with some irritating minor errors of which the most obvious is the absence of mass balances on the elevators -  see what they should look like on SimonL's model above.

• Like 1

Good heavens!!  Thank you Simon and Seahawk!  Both for the info, photos,  and the threads, which I have yet to explore sufficiently.  I see now about pieces C 5/6, although the instructions don't seem to locate them too near to where  the holes are located.  Geez.  Fortunately, I have both the Listemann "Squadrons" book and the SAM Datafile, so when I figure out what plane I want to represent, I should be able to get the engine/vent  configuration right.

And FWIW, if anyone is confused by what I wrote above, re the holes being on the "forward, inner surface of each nacelle", of course, the holes are actually on the starboard side of each nacelle.   Too many late nights catching up to me.

Thanks again, gents, for your invaluable info.

Bob C