Bandai Cosmo Fighters

Thanks guys, I like it too I just think the photo is a bit flat. Which is good since that's what I want for most things, but for metallics I think I need to shine an LED light on it or something to create some more interesting glints and highlights?

I took this pic with the same setup (white background) and I think it shows promise:

33270997092_4867ced138_b.jpg

Cheers,

W

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Hunter Rose said:

And your photo setup is clearly doing the trick, very sharp!

100% agree. The results look superb. Is that still ambient lighting? It's given a really nice, balanced exposure with great contrast.

Andy

• Like 1

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:59 PM, AndyRM101 said:

Is that still ambient lighting? It's given a really nice, balanced exposure with great contrast.

Yep, plastic tub on the window sill facing into the room, so backlit with a bounce card (so professional!) to light the face and foreground. Still thinking about lights - continuous or strobe?

Cheers,

Will

Well, I got the drop tanks painted up and fitted, eventually. The pylons were push-fit but I added a little extra-thin after cleaning the paint off - this turned out to be a bad idea as it made the connections a bit wobbly. I ended up fitting them with thin CA which did the trick, but it probably needs a touch-up with matt varnish underneath.

32627993924_bc0cbbc389_b.jpg

The base is a rubberwood (I think) coaster impaled on a bit of black-painted brass tube. The model has a belly panel which plugs the stand hole, so I drilled that out and epoxied it to the top of the tube. That means I can take it off the stand to use the chunky poseable one from the kit if I need to show it from different angles.

Hopefully will have time to take proper pix tomorrow.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Hunter Rose said:

That looks crazy good Will! And especially considering the niggles you've had along the way I'd say thats a job well done mate :)

Exactly what he said! Very inspirational build. I hope I can get a finish as nice as that one day :) 

• Like 1

This doesn't have a proper home but I think I was building it in this thread, so here's an update: I've done some detail painting, weathering and varnish on the Elysion, and it's nearly done. I need to clean up here and there, make a stand, and add some metallics to the engines and possibly the antenna thingy?

33426603952_85c7c52203_b.jpg

Weathering is a mixture of oils and AK enamels, and I used Tamiya enamels to fill the "lit" details like the runway guides. This worked really well and is much easier than I thought it would be as you can clean it off. I also sprayed a coat of Klear for the first time ever, which was terrifying to do and ran around to the bottom rather, but I didn't get any runs per se and haven't had cracking trouble. I would usually brush it on but the shapes here are way too complex for that.

Sorry about the photo, it's a bit plain-looking under artificial light and hard to get it all in focus as it's so tiny!

Cheers,

Will

• Like 2