My short intro

Vladi

My interest in WW2 ships started many years ago when I - as a small boy, perhaps around 10 years of age - received Revell 1/720 USS Arizona kit as a gift, which was something really exceptional as foreign kits were only very scarcely available in Czechoslovakia at that time. I started then building mostly 1/72 WW2 aircraft but eventually focused more on ships. After a long lull of getting married, having children and starting a small company I came back to building kits after I turned approx. 45 and since then 1/700 WW2 Pacific Theatre warships have been my main focus. Few years ago I decided to build at least one ship per class of those participating in the Battle of Savo Island, that I was always fascinated with. My building pace is usually very slow so I have so far completed IJN Furutaka and IJN Chokai and now I´m working on USS Quincy, HMAS Canberra and IJN Tenryu while some of the remaining participants wait peacefully in my stash: IJN Kinugasa, IJN Yunagi, USS Vincennes and USS Astoria.

Some of my builds can be seen in my Flickr albums.

Edited by Vladi