Hi, short introduction of myself

ROBOT

Hello forum members, 

my name is Oliver and I live in the South-West of Germany, near Ramstein Air Base. My first kit was the Revell Tornado Gr.Mk 1 in 1/144 scale, I was 9 years old, and from then on, I was hooked on the hobby, building everything i could afford an get in my local hobby store (that was mainly Revell , later Italerie kits...seldom i could get my hands on an airfix or heller kit, 2 or 3 monogram kits...) i remember building anything in any scale,  ww2, jets, airliners, later a LOT of helicopters, basically everything revell released in the 90's)  but i have to mention i was a less than mediocre builder, but, as you know, i had the most fun building them kits back then. 

I lost interest and motivation building them when i was 15 or so, i tried to build kits ( i remember hobbycrafts P 36) with 18 years or so, but failed.... the last 15 years i bought some kits ( welsh 1/144 airliners, where i found my soft spot i think...) but lost motivation the moment i opened the box, besides, i never got proper tools, i always brush painted my kits with un-thinned Revell enamels....

Now, i'm 36 years old, father of 2 kids, and FINALLY found 1) time and, most important, 2) motivation to actually tackle a model kit again.  My intersts being airliners, and, especially, cargo aircraft, because i always hated painting cockpits,  landing gear and i always messed up the clear parts.... so that leaves you with airliners (without cockpit), in flight-pose (no landing gear) and Cargo aircraft ( no clear parts at all 😏😉 no, seriously, i just found interest in classic airliners and there is something about cargo planes that i love.... 

Today is the best time for our hobby, we are spoiled with cool kits of crazy good quality, there are aftermarket producers for every single aspect ( landing gears, cockpits, decals) and- the best part- we have internet now: you can get decals from the usa for example in a weeks time, russian paints, english kits.... and you have this wonderful forum to share your interests with somebody that actually cares for your hobby.... how cool is that !?! 

So, thank you for your inspiration and motivation that you gave me, i enjoy every minute here in the forum!  Watch out for my first real build in years, the revell boeing 727-100, lots of filler, swearing, rescribing, more filler, you know the rest.... pics follow soon in the WIP forum...   see you there ! 

Oli, or, ROBOT  

P.s. DID I MENTION THAT I ENJOY CLASSIC BRITISH TV SERIES WHEN MODELLING ? ( the saint, the avengers, the persuaders, department s, jason king, the prisoner, and instant classics as sherlock holmes, and a lot more....😀