Harrier

This is a great build with some lovely detail work. I specifically like the work you've done on the engine.

As you're working on the drop tanks at the moment this photo I took might be of use as it shows the vents at the back in more detail. Hope is of some use to you.

6190319726_90ae3b488e_z.jpg

Harrier Walkaround 09 by Mark Maclean, on Flickr

Keep up the good work...

Mark

Edited by FZ6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vitaliy said:

My  friends,  help  me  please: how to rebuild  65% lerx   into  100%?

Thanks  for  help !

There's a challenge that really isn't worth rising to. There are a number of comparatively cheap after market items such as those by Heritage Aviation and Alley Cat. Whilst I don't doubt that you could re-create the shape, doing so in a way that it totally symmetrical will be pretty hard, even for someone of your impressive skills. Alternatively, post a request in the "wanted" section; Hasegawa/Revell AV-8B+ models come with 100% and perhaps someone will swap (not me alas - I much prefer the look of the 100%! :))

Kirk

• Like 1

On 17/03/2017 at 1:34 PM, Kirk said:

The only Harrier thing that I've ever seen to confuse this is the tail marking of Sea Harriers that were assigned to "700A Squadron". The big red "A" on the tail of these has nothing to do with the engine or aircraft type.

The A on the tail of 700's Sea Harriers (FRS1s, so a very different aircraft to the one you are modelling so beautifully, Vitaly) was a Fleet Air Arm joke - a reference to the Omega mark on 892 NAS Phantoms a few years before.  The 892 Omega had no connection to the squadron crest, but was to denote that they were (as they thought at the time) the Navy's last ever fixed-wing carrier squadron.  700 NAS was the Intensive Flying Trials Unit (700 Squadron has always had that role since the late-1950s, usually with a letter suffix to denite the type; 700P Phantom, 700L Lynx, 700S Sea King, etc).  For the Sea Harrier, Instead of 700H continuing the suffix theme, they picked 700A, to show that the Navy was back in the fixed-wing business.

[Edit: incidentally, I strongly suspect that the choice of 809 NAS to be the 2nd F35B squadron is to make the same point.  From time to time (at least twice in my lifetime, for instance) the RAF have been known to claim that they have "finally killed off Naval fixed wing".  The choice of a Phoenix rising from the flames (which is 809's badge) is, I suspect, making the same "not so fast..." point as 700A's Alpha.]

Stunning model, anyway!

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU
  • Like 4

I'm not convinced about the shape of the Lerx Vitaliy. The curve looks a bit too deep to my eye - i.e. the radius seems too short at a point level with the aft edge of the formation light. It also looks a little lower down than the real thing, such that the triangular panel is at a slightly exaggerated angle. I'm being very picky here, but I think that is what you are asking. :)

Kirk

Edit: Compare with your picture of Monday at 8:46. Earlier shape looks better to me.

Edited by Kirk
  • Like 1