Harrier

18 hours ago, Vitaliy said:

I came across an interesting fact that mount heat shields on the US AV-8B and  RAF GR7 are at a different angle.

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=171134

Vitaliy - I think you win this year's "Eagle Eyes" award; never even thought about this difference before - and I wonder if it results from the addition of the rear fuselage strengthening plates? You noticed the additional "trimmer" on the AV-8B rear nozzle I take it? I understand that these can result from static (as in tethered) thrust tests and can vary in profile a little from engine to engine, though are generally found in the Mk.107 (-408) engines - from which I'd deduce that your GR7 has the Mk.105. RAF aircraft cleaning looks more diligent as well...:whistle:

Never mind all that though. Let's have even more pictures of your progress. :)

Kirk

• Like 1

Hello everybody !!! I had another question ... What does the air intake look like inside  ???
Thanks to everyone who responded, from me chocolate 

Looking forward to that. It's a fairly complex structure - as I guess you know. There are diaphragms forward and aft of the reaction control valves and actuators that link up with the rudder and stabilator. I suspect your picture references are better than mine but shout if you are having any problems finding pictures and I'll see what I have..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If your painting skills are as good as (and I'm sure they are!) your building skills, this is going to be astonishingly good when finished. I can only admire your attention to detail and patience in producing such a brilliant model.

• Like 1