Harrier

Hi Vitaliy

It looks like a CRV7 training pod, there smaller than the operational pods, think they can only hold 5 or 6 rockets. They were used operationally in Afghanistan as they could be fired in single shot mode whereas the bigger operational pod couldn't.

Just realised you might be talking about the pod under the fuselage which is DJRP recce pod.

Muzz

• Like 1

Thank you Muzz .  So   CRV7   looks like this 1347390270_CRV7Pod.jpg

and  DJRP  looks like this  1347390726_DJRP.jpg

If you have more photos  this  pod   please send me .

And please tell me what paint scheme was used on this board ZD 378  and the number  color

Thanks !

Edited by Vitaliy

No more photos as such but this link has a photo and explains where you can get the store (Shaun, a member on here casts his own resin DJRP).

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234998487-harrier-belly-stores/#comment-2285903

The aircraft in you're picture appears to be Dark Sea Grey (bs381 638) over Dark Camouflage Grey (bs381 629).

Muzz

Muzz  , please look at that photo again zd 378 . I think under the fuselage :  Aden cannon , DJRP ,  and something else pod on the place where there should be a second gun Aden .   How do you think I'm right ???

And where I can  find a photo of this   26A   but on the other side .  There may be marks on departures which was applied around the cockpit ...

Hi Vitaliy

It's a TIALD designation pod, was carried before the Sniper pod. Here's another photo of ZD378 from the other side in different configuration, TIALD pod is there but difficult to make out.

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/175710/zd378-uk-air-force-british-aerospace-harrier-gr-7/

Muzz

• 2 weeks later...