Fighting Falcon ***NOW FINISHED***

Hi folks,

I've decided for my New Year's Resolution that I am going to fully participate in the group builds for 2017 and follow the schedule to the letter :whistle: (I heard u laughing)!!  No I'm definitely going to give it my best shot - so to get the year off to a good start I've joined the F-16 group build with the following kit:

F%2016_zps8h1ldjcf.jpg

I'm hoping to get cracking in the next couple of days so I will keep you posted on progress.  I'm going to keep this one OOB and see how I get on.  Good luck everyone :thumbsup:

Edited by planecrazee
  • Like 3

welcome aboard and I like that resolution and what a good way to start it as well!

Good luck with the build, hopefully it'll be a nice simple one, just what you need to get the GB creative juice flowing! 

I'll apologise now for the poor photo quality as I had to take these in poor light on the hoof so to speak.  Just wanted to post a few photos of my progress so far which has predominantly been cutting and gluing - love this stage.  I've cleaned up the main fuselage halves and worked on the pilot and cockpit which now need a nice lick of paint.  I'll post more pics once this is done.

DSC00268_zpspewoawhp.jpg

DSC00269_zpscgiavgnc.jpg

DSC00260_zps8sjnqgmo.jpg

DSC00262_zpsxe3bdipj.jpg

DSC00263_zpsgnw7tlqx.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Right - next update folks.  Been a bit slow getting these pics posted as I've been wrestling with the 1/72 Revell Buccaneer - buckets of filler, sanding and patience required as standard me thinks.  Seems to be getting there now and will post up in the RFI section shortly.

Anyway back to the F-16.  The office and pilot are complete and in the fuselage and I've began the main construction.  All the ordnance for the aircraft is built as well as some other miscellaneous items which should be evident in my next update.  

So here's where I am now:

DSC00275_zps8knxewr3.jpg

DSC00273_zpsglbwy8gu.jpg

DSC00276_zpsjbx9eqam.jpg

DSC00277_zpsqqij4xmr.jpg

DSC00272_zps2ff37rar.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Right folks, finally managed to make some progress on my F-16.  I'm conscious of time now for the group build so I've been trying to get cracking in between other things - including my buccaneer build which I'll be posting in the RFI section.

So progress to date is as follows:

I've managed to complete all the major fuselage parts including the exhaust and intake and have masked up the canopy using a montex mask.  I drilled out the section for the gun as this was just solid and not very realistic and then gave the whole thing a coat of primer after very very minimal filling on a couple of sections.

Hopefully my photographic skills in poor light below are enough to show you progress so far:

DSC00312_zpssxrocagy.jpg

DSC00313_zpsgzzmjco8.jpg

DSC00314_zpsklpkj9lv.jpg

DSC00315_zpsc4qlw7cu.jpg

DSC00316_zpsfr4ewmma.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, planecrazee said:

Thanks Rich - yeah looking forward to getting some colour on her - if you can call different shades of grey colour lol - and attaching all the ordnance to start to make her look like a fighting machine.

the only sad thing about the F-16 is that they mostly were the grey on grey on grey....... thought we have seen some of the other interesting schemes she wears.

Careful layering of light coats of the grey main colour should help to break the flatness of the greys.

Right folks - I must apologise as I've managed to complete this group build - albeit a day late!!!! Booooo!!!

I hadn't realised that in the throws of putting the model together I hadn't taken any more photos and before I knew it she was basically finished so I left it until it was totally completed to post any more photos.

This is only my second modern jet build and I really enjoyed it - made more enjoyable by the fact it's an excellent kit IMOH.  Hopefully I can have as much luck completing the Zvezda Mig-21 for the other group build.

So I would really appreciate your feedback on this one and I hope I have done the kit and the aircraft some justice.  Built OOB with just a couple of tweaks such as a scratched up pitot tube.  Pics below - hope you enjoy:

DSC00355_zpsfhrtdbpk.jpg

DSC00329_zpslkum9ogf.jpg

DSC00330_zps3crzfffs.jpg

DSC00332_zps1bthayy3.jpg

DSC00334_zpsjeqtipwa.jpg

DSC00344_zps8k0o8koh.jpg

DSC00345_zpsduviggd9.jpg

DSC00347_zpsett52m9y.jpg

DSC00349_zpslvtgueep.jpg

DSC00336_zpsungoirwz.jpg

DSC00337_zps5gou4iey.jpg

DSC00338_zpsrl6miqgx.jpg

DSC00340_zpsjp5ytpco.jpg

DSC00353_zps059shnnj.jpg

• Like 7

arr what a shame!!! That's a really lovely presented model, well done, plus for only your second jet beast as well!!

I do hope you enjoyed the build and by the sounds of it we have another "lots of noise and fire out the bum" convert. I look forward to seeing more of you jet builds in future.  

Thanks for your feedback Rich - much appreciated. 

Glad you think it looks ok as I'm more of WWII aircraft guy so this was totally out of my comfort zone. 

Must admit I enjoyed it more than I thought I might so perhaps more jets will be on the horizon

• Like 1