Hello to you all

MickR

Hi, my name is Mick. I have recently got back into scale model building after a gap of nearly 40 years. I am amazed how complex it seems now. I am a keen space enthusiast and have tried building a couple of real space models, Airfix Saturn 5 and the Revell shuttle and 747 combination. Having looked at some of the amazing builds on this site I still have a lot to learn!

I have just got the A.M.C  Man in Space set of 5 models but when checking the contents I discovered that there are no painting instructions included. The supplier has informed that the kit is supplied without them. Does anybody know where I could obtain the painting instructions as I would like a degree of accuracy in the completed models.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Mick

Nice to see another real space builder on here. It's a pretty niche area of kit building but the choice of kits is growing.

I'm not familiar with the AMC Man in Space kit. What does it include and what scale are we talking?

Hi Mick, welcome to the forum.

I think the kit you are referring to is the AMT "Man in space" set as shown in this image below?   If it is this one then the scale is described as 1:200.

man_in_space_set_1000.jpg

I have the book below which contains dimensions and colour details of most rockets and missiles, as can be seen in this example page. 

rockets_of_the_world_400.jpg    rockets_of_the_world_atlas_400.jpg

I'll dig the book out and have a look through it, to see what information there is about the colour markings for these craft.  It may take a little while but I'll send the details by pm once I've found them.

Mike

Mike

Thanks for the offer, I really appreciate the help.  I have seen this book refered to on some other posts, it looks like an amazing reference tool. One to save up for I think!

Mick