1/48 Hasegawa A-4K RNZAF

Well after 2 years on and off the shelf of doom i have finally beaten this one into submission.

For such a nice 'easy' kit this one fought me all the way, hence me nearly giving up on it, I'm glad i didn't.

The eagle eyed amongst you will notice that the retraction mechanism from the front gear leg is missing! I painted and detailed it about a year ago, it was then put in a 'safe' place and for the life of me i can't remember where i have put it! :huh:

Anyway on to the pic's, for those interested you can find the WIP here

IMG_0162_zpsyfhyjdfl.jpg

IMG_0169_zpsqvdnpubj.jpg

IMG_0163_zps1dx0o3rz.jpg

IMG_0149_zpsaqtrda72.jpg

IMG_0150_zpsvgtex5me.jpg

IMG_0148_zpskj8mfhhs.jpg

IMG_0170_zpsvkh9ravw.jpg

IMG_0160_zpsk6pna0bt.jpg

IMG_0173_zpsgtt70k3p.jpg

IMG_0146_zps4e4ip3qt.jpg

Oh and as a parting shot, she is now in lots of little bits after jumping out of my hand as i was in the process of placing her in the display case :angry: ah well, it remains to be seen if i have the heart to repair her...

Thanks for looking ;)

Edited by Rich F
  • Like 59

Lovely work on my favourite  A-4 scheme . I like you got rid of the step on the upper wing as well.

Sorry to hear it's had a mishap.

I like you chose the Squashed frogs... we went to a lot of trouble to paint those over the 75 Sqn TIki... And they only lasted the flight from Nowra to Ohakea.. :D 

Edited by Calum
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Gary West said:

Strewth Cobber thats ripper! 

Sorry Gary, but seriously?? This is one of my biggest pet peeves. No one talks like that in New Zealand (I know - I'm a Kiwi). What you've written is stereo typical, cliched Australian slang. May as well add "throw a shrimp on the barby" while your at it.... :rolleyes:

If you're going to bandy a cliche about, use the right one for the appropriate country. For NZ, it would be "That's choice bro" or "That's sweet as Bro ay". Just saying..... NZ and Australia are NOT the same country. Everyone knows that Australia is New Zealand's West Island!  :whistle:     :D 

Seriously though, in regards to this build, this is by far my most favorite scheme ever to be put on a NZ aircraft and you've done it the justice it deserves. I do hope you'll find that extra bit of love for it to repair it

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Madhatter said:

Sorry Gary, but seriously?? This is one of my biggest pet peeves. No one talks like that in New Zealand (I know - I'm a Kiwi). What you've written is stereo typical, cliched Australian slang. May as well add "throw a shrimp on the barby" while your at it.... :rolleyes:

If you're going to bandy a cliche about, use the right one for the appropriate country. For NZ, it would be "That's choice bro" or "That's sweet as Bro ay". Just saying..... NZ and Australia are NOT the same country. Everyone knows that Australia is New Zealand's West Island!  :whistle:     :D 

Seriously though, in regards to this build, this is by far my most favorite scheme ever to be put on a NZ aircraft and you've done it the justice it deserves. I do hope you'll find that extra bit of love for it to repair it

.....and breathe!  It was light hearted banter, no more, no less.