Pink Spitfire PR.1G stencils

Meatbox8

I wondered whether anyone might know about stencilling on these aircraft.  I am currently building the AZ kit in the PRU Pink scheme but the only reference photos I have are of too poor a quality to be able to see whether it carries any stencilling.  The ones I'm particularly interested in are the walkway demarcation markings on the upper wing surfaces.  A fairly prominent feature on most Spitfires but I wondered whether these aircraft had been re-painted in the field so to speak and thus lost these markings.

Any help gratefully received. 

I am also building the AZ PR.1G at the moment, not the easiest kit and one that requires some research and modifications (cameras, oil cooler, ...).

Have you seen my WIP-thread? http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235011939-spitfire-pr-1g-172/#comment-2550476

I have included some pictures of pink PR.1Gs. From what I can see on them, there seems to be little stencilling or walkways. But actually, I haven't thought about this a lot until now.

I'm working on a PR Mk IC at the moment and since it was a conversion am presuming most stencils were not repainted. I too plan to put the walkway stripes on simply to break up the single color scheme. 

Conversion from Tamiya Mk I using Pavla conversion set in 1/72. 

Not sure if this helps, but none of the color 3-views or photos in the Model Alliance On Target publication on Recon Spitfires shows them; none of the wartime photos I could find on the 'net showed them on any versions except the PRXI's and XIX's. Doesn't appear like there was much, if any stenciling visible, either.  Somebody must know more on this subject. Will have a look through my other references to see if I can find more info.

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
corrected spelling