Tiny bit done on the tamiya cj. 

This just falls together. 

Stalled on filling ejector pins marks on u/c doors and where pylons would go. Also did some work in intake seam. 

Hoping to be priming airframe 

by the weekend 👍🏿

image.jpg

• Like 5

Ps as you can see in the pic i did the old 'stuff fuselage with eduard brassin packing foam to insert skewer' for a painting handle again... 

I hate touching models whilst painting. They are a fingerprint magnet for my big greasy paws... 

Work done was seat, nav lights, some oil paint style streaks here & there blended with some turps and also sorting the exhaust out with a bit extra. I painted some stripes inside the petals to suggest the detail in them. Then had a dark brown wash and some black pigment soot in it and the inside the tube too. 

The revell seat painted up quite nicely. Had some basic colours, was glossed, couple of oil washes (dark grey overall and dark green on cushions) then had a matt coat. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Tony Oliver
Pic order
  • Like 5

On 21/01/2017 at 10:25, Tony Oliver said:

After the success of using decals for the rub marks on a tomcats GE nozzles, I fancied the same for this. 

So I drew one up in MS paint and after several adjustments in size onto plain paper, I then did an A4 decal sheet full of them using the laser printer at work. So now have enough for a lifetime of GE engined cats and falcons :) 

well...   maybe not a whole lifetime now...  :D 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

well...   maybe not a whole lifetime now...  :D 

45 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

You are more than welcome mate :yes:

We're gonna have to be careful, otherwise we'll become the Kryptic Kids...  :D 

I´m not one of the mods but I think I can answer on their behalf that it´s common practice to do like you suggested above. And when you add a link to your build thread in the RFI post (why not?), that may also attract non-group builders to come and take a look at what´s happening down here. V-P

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

Nice one glad you all like it :yes:

To the mods- can we do normal RFI threads for these builds as they're limited to 5 in the gallery, and not everyone will look in these WIP's?

Tony

no problems at all, I do it all the time with my builds, you can even place links in the RFI post to the build thread here as well if you want.

Nothing at all wrong with showing off something you're really proud of, and you can be with this build!

• Like 1

Tamiya CJ - Stynylrez on! 

Masked off the ribs on the fuel tank to build them up a bit first, then took tape off and coated whole tank, came out well. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Plan is to try this new black and white technique.

As experimented in the first page of this wip.

The grey will be the mid tone. Then lots of areas and panel lines will be done in black and white. 

Then the whole plane will be covered in a thin layer of have glass colour, allowing it to be influenced by the colours below. Planned for this weekend. Fingers crossed! 

Edited by Tony Oliver
  • Like 6