Greetings from Austin tx

smeosky

Hello all. ive been trolling for a few months as i've been slowing tinkering on my current build and thought it appropriate to make an introduction.  I took about a 15 year hiatus when i started college. After buying my house it seemed like a great time to get started again. I seem to flip flop between WW2 AC and armor. Currently working on a 1/48 academy p-38L which i will post pics on soon. Anyway, this seems like a great community which I've already learned alot from. Great to be a part of it!

Steve

• Like 1

Hi, Steve. 

A warm welcome to BM.

I hope you continue to find it a friendly, fun place to be. 

Looking forward to seeing some images of your Lightning.

Cheers and happy New Year.

Chris.  

Welcome indeed to Britmodeller, Steve! I lived in Austin for six years whilst attending 'The University' (where I received my Geology degree). I now live about 30 miles east of San Antonio in Seguin. My younger brother, who also attended 'The University' (he received his undergraduate and law degrees there), lives in south Austin with his wife and twin 6-year old sons.

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang

Thanks for the welcomes, 'yall' :) I moved to austin about 14 years ago from Ohio. Went to school up there and been working down here ever since. Modelling community here is actually quite impressive. Haven't been to any of the APMS meetings yet but they run and outstanding annual show every year with some amazing work. Kings Hobbies here is more or less the HQ for the modelling community. They're really a great group with an outstanding collection of supplies and kits. Its unfamiliar to me to see Mr Color paints stocked!

I will post some photos of the Lightning soon. Decals are wrapping up and weathering is about to begin, so Im in that magic zone where things are really shaping up!