Revell F-16s 1:72 - Two bandits and a Tiger

Ok - here is my rollicking start in 2017. Completely ignoring my usual pace I throw my three (madness!!!) Revell F-16 kits in the ring. Two will become aggressors and one will end up in tiger stripes. As a result they will all end up as Block 30 which is a bit sad in my eyes as Revell supplies plenty of options so you can build big and small mouth, P&W or GE and so on.

Here are the boxes:

F-16-01_zpsrg650nb6.jpg

And here are the decals:

F-16-02_zpsuquatfk7.jpg

F-16-03_zpsrbupnn23.jpg

By building these parallel I hope to save lots of time and to be able to finish them all. Looking at the GBs to come this year I better hurry (plus the pending builds I have...).

Beeing no F-16 buff I will be happy about any coments.

Thanks!

René

• Like 5

Welcome aboard Rene, wow you're going to have you work cutout for you with those schemes!!

I like the decals sets you have, plus the masking set looks very interesting as well, I've seen these around so it will be interesting to see how you go with them.

Well good luck with you production line and those colour schemes, they'll all look great in the gallery.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not so quickly anymore... I was a bit engaged with the Wessex build and working on my motorcycle. The bike will ask for many more hours the coming days...

Anyway here is my little update:

F-16-06_zpsdvhqi8db.jpg

Looks as if the painting stage is rather close, but there is some filling and sanding ahead and I need to check the details for the three airframes. Some samll parts are left and I have no clue which to use without checking.

René

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Feel a bit bad because I felt a bit bad the past weeks and did not do much work on the three. But I will be back in the workshop this week so hope to get a head with the builds. So many more GB to take part into but not before I started painting these here.

René

Yes it is painting time - but not the F-16. Just the corridor of our house :-( So not much done this week but to paint the anti glare area around the cockpit and polishing and glueing the canopies in place.

F-16-09_zpsq7bpgcat.jpg

Stangely the molds of the F-16 seem to be worn out already - the later boxing has quite some excess plastic to remove:

F-16-10_zpsvskdvmzt.jpg

The corridor should be done tonight so I hope for some hour on the F-16 this weekend.

René

• 3 weeks later...

Epic fail on this I fear. I am rebuilding /customizing my motorcycle which is more work than I thought. The past two weekend went into the new wireing harness alone. Sorted out the last mistake this morning. Long story short: I will not be able to finish these in time. Sorry. Will go on non the less.

That's a shame Rene, I was looking forward to seeing them completed. 

No amount of :whip: will help you now unfortunately, though it may distract you! :whistle: :D

Please keep updating the build thread, even though you didn't manage to finish them, it was great to have you along as usual! 

:-) I have enough distraction - that is the problem ;-)

Of course I want to finish them... like all the others on the ever growing shelf of doom. Below is a pic of how the three looked like three weeks ago, when I was still sure to bring these into the gallery:

F-16-11_zpsqmmuyrdi.jpg

What stoped me from painting them was the poor fit of the canopies. I am still not sure if I should jsut try to sand them down or seperate them again from the fuselage to pose them open. Time will tell.

Just a glimpse of my distraction:

F-16-12_zpswrzpsx9e.jpg

As with building plastic kits the unexpected strikes freequently and so the time actually needed to finish a subassembly is roughly 10 times higher than the time I estimated for the task before. But the new redesigned wire loom is done now and works as it should so I can go back to proper mechanical work. Btw.: The leather tool roll under the head lamp was just an interrim solution for keeping the excessive wire loom which did not fit inside the new headlamp, where it usually goes. The new loom will go from the instruments straight under the tank without this chopper style tool rool.

René