New VC-30 Air Force One??

xvtonker

With Donald Trump criticising the cost of the new VC-25 Air Force One, how about this for a cost saving solution?

VC-30 (B.777-300ER) Air Force One, now with in flight refuelling capability & additional communications aerials

B777_Air%20Force%20One%202.jpg

For a larger image click on: http://s697.photobucket.com/user/xvtonker/media/B777_Air Force One 2.jpg.html and select 'view image' (magnifying glass)

XVTonker  :pilot:

Edited by xvtonker
Image updated to include in flight refuelling receptacle & additional aerials
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, tonywood said:

Afraid the C-26 is already a reality, although of the Swearingen Metro variety.

Bugger.......best I revise the designation then......:o

Let's go for a VC-30??

IIRC, there's some sort of regulation (Secret Service? USAF?) that Air Force One has to be a four-engine aircraft. I don't mean every USAF aircraft the POTUS flies in with the call sign "Air Force One." I mean what might be termed as THE Air Force One.

• Like 1

Not 100% sure, but I guess too that the secret service has some security issues flying the POTUS in a twin. They may be ETOPS anyway, but four minus one is still way better than two minus one engine...

Alex

• Like 1

There is a rule that the Presidential aircraft (Air Force One has to have four engines , IIRC there was an article by the late Robert F Dorr in one of the magazines discussing the replacement and it how ir had to be one of three options the Airbus A380 or A340 versus the Boeing 747-8 . Modern aircraft engines used by airliners are very reliable so it wouldn't be a problem for the new Air Force One to be a 777-300ER or even 787-10.  

Perhaps Trump1 or whatever the president elect calls his premier aircraft (kettle pot black) could be repainted for his term?

I somehow can't see the USAF buying an Airbus product for Air Force One. Having the President of the US flying in a foreign produced aircraft with US options available, doesn't seem to me to be likely. I can't imagine the Presidential aircraft of France being a Boeing product...

I do think the V-2 comment was uncalled for...

• Like 1

I thought politics was supposed to be kept off Britmodeller. Just British politics, I guess. Although, I must say that V-2 proposal was the most entertaining post I've seen in a long time. With Trump, if you can't laugh then you have got to cry.

• Like 1

On 03/01/2017 at 9:30 PM, xvtonker said:

Bugger.......best I revise the designation then......:o

Let's go for a VC-30??

You will need to try again - the C-30 type designation was allocated to the aborted A330 MRTT for the USAF as the KC-30A which saw the RAAF adopt KC-30B for our A330MRTTs, subsequently changed to KC-30A when the USAF version was cancelled. The most recent US transport aircraft is C-46 so it will have to be higher than that. Imagine VC-47 - now there is some history.

5 hours ago, Biggles81 said:

You will need to try again - the C-30 type designation was allocated to the aborted A330 MRTT for the USAF as the KC-30A which saw the RAAF adopt KC-30B for our A330MRTTs, subsequently changed to KC-30A when the USAF version was cancelled. The most recent US transport aircraft is C-46 so it will have to be higher than that. Imagine VC-47 - now there is some history.

Oh bugger again....:-)

Anyway, all I should have said was that it's an idea of a B.777 as Air Force One....maybe a VC-50????  :-)

XVTonker

23 hours ago, Procopius said:

I might suggest that the next leader of the USA already flies around in one.

Ouch......... Many a true word etc. 

Glad an American said this otherwise we might have lost the Special Relationship!

As it doesn't seem anyone can talk about whatever President Elect Trump is going to fly about in without getting political, not to mention childish, this topic is closed.

• Like 2

• Mike locked this topic