Airways vacform 1/72 VC10 (BUA)

Some of you asked to see both the Gene Hooker Vanguard and Airways VC10 side by side, the photos show the comparable size of the two aircraft which the Vanguard is not that much smaller than its neighbour 

image_zpsa1ja39hp.jpeg

image_zpsdswoszlw.jpeg

image_zpsl6euiyq7.jpeg

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, aircraftkit said:

Wonderful !

Thank you for posting the comparative photos of the Vanguard next to the VC10.  As you say, the Vanguard was a surprisingly large aircraft.

How about a Viscount to complete a trio ?  Go on, you know you want to !

Don

Hi Don, yes the Viscount is on my list as is the Viking, but probably will have to wait

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Amazing vac form, never known if you didn't say. I still have to practice the panel line streaking like that. I'm glad you parked the Vanguard next to it, I have the Vanguard unbuilt and I know how big it is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2017 at 9:21 PM, Conflats said:

Wow fantastic model, those panel lines are excellent

Thanks for the kind words, doing panel lines is not everyones idea of a relaxing hobby

On 4/10/2017 at 4:26 AM, busnproplinerfan said:

Amazing vac form, never known if you didn't say. I still have to practice the panel line streaking like that. I'm glad you parked the Vanguard next to it, I have the Vanguard unbuilt and I know how big it is.

Cheers, glad you like it, yeap the Vanguard is surprisingly big aircraft for a turbo prop engine

On 4/10/2017 at 3:17 PM, RidgeRunner said:

Very nice. I have memories of her at Gatwick in the '60s.

Martin

Cheers Martin would of loved to of seen these when they were flying 

12 hours ago, kapam said:

Awesome models!  Congratulations on such beautiful work! :clap2:

Thanks

6 hours ago, russ c said:

Amazing job on that Kev, really, really nice work

Thanks Russ

7 hours ago, kev67 said:

Cheers, glad you like it, yeap the Vanguard is surprisingly big aircraft for a turbo prop engine

To bad they were a little before my time so I never got to see one.

• Like 1

A lovely model, I especially like the panel lines, not too heavy not too light.Well done, bring on the airliners!

• Like 1

On 4/27/2017 at 4:12 PM, lindan said:

A lovely model, I especially like the panel lines, not too heavy not too light.Well done, bring on the airliners!

Thanks Lindan

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, zebra said:

Was just looking through photos from Telford on imodeler and saw a familiar looking BUA VC10 had won gold. It can only be this one - congratulations @kev67, very well deserved!

And just noticed I was looking at 2017 photos, sorry I'm so late!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
9 hours ago, David H said:

What are the black dots on the wing undersides, running parallel to the leading edge slats?

To be honest I have no idea, bzn20 would probably know, but they were on the Brooklands VC10 which this model is based upon.

8 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Kev: All I can say is I was privileged to see this at Telford '18, and had I known at the time you had added hydraulic hoses to the gear bays, I would probably have fainted.  This is a tour-de-force, a real work of art.

Thanks, I enjoyed making the Airways vacfrom, it can be made into an impressive model, with some modifications, but I don't think I would want to make another one though LOL

• Like 1