Airways vacform 1/72 VC10 (BUA)

Thanks for all the kind words, it has been an effort to say the least on this build, but also enjoyable, just to mention the windows were done with clear decal film, as I tried it with crystal clear and it looked awful, the only draw back with decal film is that it is very delicate and can easily break,

Kev

That is an absolutely fantastic rendition of Vickers finest and as others have said, probably the best 1/72 VC10 model in existence. Your hard work and patience has truly paid dividends with this fantastic model. 

Mark

PS Come on Airfix, you know it makes sense!

• Like 1

I can't really add to what others have said about this model, Kev -it's stunning!

Hopefully I'll get to see it in the flesh at Southern Expo?

All the best,

Tom

• Like 1

Having built one of these myself I can honestly say that you have produced a work of art,.......it is fabulous and makes mine look like a lump of plasticine!!

Great stuff,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Thanks again for the comments, at the moment my internet is down so only using my iPhone, to answer a few questions, I'm hoping to get to southern expo and Milton Keynes and also this years Telford, but as last year and this year has been a turbulent year because of family illness I will have to see how things pan out, I will try and get a photo of both VC10 and Vanguard together

On 3 January 2017 at 9:05 AM, Britman said:

Fantastic job. I have seen your previous on the Vickers products and they are second to none. Have you done a Viscount at all? I would love to see what you could do with the Airways Britannia. 

Hi I have the 800 series viscount and it is one that I will do when o get the time but it will be based around the viscount at Brooklands. I also have the Britannia that would be another aircraft I would love to do but these vacforms take some time 

• Like 1

On 2 January 2017 at 10:32 PM, Turbofan said:

Kev, this is just awe inspiring.:Tasty::worthy:

I totally agree with John, definitely Model of the Year 2017! Like Neil I'm looking forward to seeing this next to your Vanguard, roll on Telford!

I think I remember you were doing a Viking next, is that still your plan?

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Ian

thanks for the kind comment, I have the Airmodel vac conversion which I will hope to do one day, in the BEA colours

As others have said, a sheer work of art !

It must look very elegant parked next to your BEA Vanguard.

Hopefully you'll be able to get around to building a 1/72 Viscount - and Britannia - at some stage, other commitments allowing, of course.  If you do, please do another "work in progress" report so that we can all share in the adventure.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Don

• Like 1

I am going to say it.... this is the nicest Vicky-Ten model I've ever seen IMHO (if that counts for anything) - possibly because of the choice of livery you have used here as opposed to it being a very nice RAF version - quite superb and totally in a league of its own. By far way and beyond anything I could muster up in this scale.

I wish I had the time and motivation to start my Anigrand VC-10 - I guess this should prompt me

10/10 for bringing back the cream of the golden old days of civil aviation back

John

• Like 1