Tamiya 1/48 F-16C Aggressor, another Arctic schemed one! FINISHED!!!

9 hours ago, modelling minion said:

And we are done!!!

Why is it these last "little bits" always take longer than expected? Anyway it's completed now but first a couple of pics to show the final steps of progress starting with a couple of the completed cockpit area before the canopy was added.

DSC04959_zpslw7zd4ru.jpg

DSC04960_zps1aaobdou.jpg

And the finished AIM-9 added to it's rail.

DSC04962_zpsiwslvgqd.jpg

Followed by the ACMI pod.

DSC04963_zpsppqhosd5.jpg

And the centre-line pod.

DSC04961_zpscr0lindy.jpg

And now the canopy fixed in place.

DSC04964_zpsbhjsermt.jpg

And some pics of the finished model.

DSC04965_zpssqr8t7zc.jpg

DSC04970_zpson7634xq.jpg

DSC04966_zpsplzqlgrq.jpg

DSC04969_zpsvkbdltyw.jpg

Well that's it guys, thanks to all of you for looking in and giving encouragement where needed and special thanks to @trickyrich for hosting this GB. I have learned a lot about F-16's here and will build more, just not right now as I have a date with a Mig-25!

I will post some more pics in the gallery.

Thanks again.

Craig.

Good job on this one Craig. It looks very impressive indeed.

have you finished the MiG yet? 😉

Andy

• Like 1

Absolutely superb F-16 Craig, really well done. I love the overall finish especially, restrained and spot on to the real deal, also my personal preference for how Falcons should be tbh! You must have one of the most colourful display cabinets in the business :) , I look forward to the Mig! 

Edited by mirageiv
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, mirageiv said:

You must have one of the most colourful display cabinets in the business :)

Thanks David, greatly appreciated and praise indeed considering how good your F-16's are.

Yes the cabinet is quite colourful, and overflowing! Mind you the big grey Mig will certainly tone down the colours, If I can find a way to make room for it!

• Like 1

AWESOME JOB!!!! well done Craig she looks amazing, the detail and the finish are first class, you can be very proud of her!

Well I hope you enjoyed the build, it was really nice you could join the fun. And we now have the perfect way to get you restarted on a stalled build.... :whip:  :D

Now you can finish the MiG-25, another build I'm loving!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, trickyrich said:

AWESOME JOB!!!! well done Craig she looks amazing, the detail and the finish are first class, you can be very proud of her!

Well I hope you enjoyed the build, it was really nice you could join the fun. And we now have the perfect way to get you restarted on a stalled build.... :whip:  :D

Now you can finish the MiG-25, another build I'm loving!

Wow, thanks Rich. High praise indeed especially seeing how good your striped F-16 is.

I did enjoy the build and I have become fonder of the F-16, and the whip!

Glad you like the Mig-25, I have made a bit more progress and hope to update the thread either today or tomorrow.

• Like 1