Tamiya 1/48 F-16C Aggressor, another Arctic schemed one! FINISHED!!!

Cheers guys.

Got the matt coat on this morning and am happier with how she looks.

Need to do some more on the undercarriage this week.

12 hours ago, trickyrich said:

See you can perform under pressure...though you seem to like the whip a bit much!

Is that a problem?;)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Cheers guys.

Got the matt coat on this morning and am happier with how she looks.

Need to do some more on the undercarriage this week.

Is that a problem?;)

About time you made some progress. One week to Hinckley so it should be dead easy

PYFFO

Andy

p.s. looking great

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Red Dot said:

One week to Hinckley so it should be dead easy

No chance for Hinckley I'm afraid Andy, too much time at work, in fact I'm there right now just sneaking a minute on the internet.

5 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

She looks great.

Thanks Rene, much appreciated.

Just to prove that i haven't been completely idle (well not modelling wise anyway) here's an update on progress so far.

With the matt coat applied the masking could be removed (always like this bit) which gives us this....

DSC04943_zpstxqavc3m.jpg

Much better than the glossy finish!

The canopy has not been fixed in place as I'm still unsure whether to have it open or closed but the HUD and coaming have been finished and fixed in place, here's a closer look.

DSC04945_zpssjoh5szr.jpg

You will also notice that the engine exhaust has also been fixed in place and here's a closer look at that area.

DSC04944_zps9sonxutk.jpg

She has also grown legs! Tamiya's method of fixing the undercarriage works very well and gives a strong undercarriage which is very accurate, here's some pics.

DSC04946_zpsmyxyoqzv.jpg

DSC04947_zpsmagtykw3.jpg

I'm on track to get this one across the line before the end of the week but still have some bits to finish like the seat.

Thanks for looking in.

Craig.

• Like 9

Thanks again guys, much appreciated.

Bit of progress this week, the seat has been completed. I've used the kit seat and even used the decals for the seatbelts provided by Tamiya, but with a twist. Decals applied on their own do not look good IMHO so I applied them to some adhesive metal tape then cut them out and stuck them to the seat, giving a bit more depth, well to my eyes anyway. Let me know  what you think.

DSC04955_zps1qds7fqr.jpg

I've added some extra detail in the form of the static wicks on the wings and tail and tailplanes. To do this I drilled a tiny hole in their location and cut a small length of wire and fixed it in place with super-glue, then I added some paint and here is a (slightly poor) picture of the result.

DSC04951_zpswvnfrtxz.jpg

Hope to get the seat and canopy fixed tomorrow and crack on with the stores.

Thanks for looking in.

Craig.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Thanks Glynn, it's not as good as an aftermarket set but better than nothing or just applying the decal to the seat.

It was great to meet you at Hinckley last week, I'm sure we will bump into each other at more shows.

Yes likewise craig ,telford maybe

Glynn

• Like 1

And we are done!!!

Why is it these last "little bits" always take longer than expected? Anyway it's completed now but first a couple of pics to show the final steps of progress starting with a couple of the completed cockpit area before the canopy was added.

DSC04959_zpslw7zd4ru.jpg

DSC04960_zps1aaobdou.jpg

And the finished AIM-9 added to it's rail.

DSC04962_zpsiwslvgqd.jpg

Followed by the ACMI pod.

DSC04963_zpsppqhosd5.jpg

And the centre-line pod.

DSC04961_zpscr0lindy.jpg

And now the canopy fixed in place.

DSC04964_zpsbhjsermt.jpg

And some pics of the finished model.

DSC04965_zpssqr8t7zc.jpg

DSC04970_zpson7634xq.jpg

DSC04966_zpsplzqlgrq.jpg

DSC04969_zpsvkbdltyw.jpg

Well that's it guys, thanks to all of you for looking in and giving encouragement where needed and special thanks to @trickyrich for hosting this GB. I have learned a lot about F-16's here and will build more, just not right now as I have a date with a Mig-25!

I will post some more pics in the gallery.

Thanks again.

Craig.

• Like 8