Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

PhotoBucket are no longer permitting 3rd party hosting   01/07/17

As most of you are now painfully aware, Photobucket (PB) are stopping/have stopped allowing their members to link their accumulated years of photos into forums and the like, which they call 3rd party linking.  You can give them a non-refundable $399 a year to allow links, but I doubt that many will be rushing to take them up on that offer.  If you've previously paid them for the Pro account, it looks like you've got until your renewal to find another place to host your files, but you too will be subject to this ban unless you fork over a lot of cash.   PB seem to be making a concerted move to another type of customer, having been the butt of much displeasure over the years of a constantly worsening user interface, sloth and advertising pop-ups, with the result that they clearly don't give a hoot about the free members anymore.  If you don't have web space included in your internet package, you need to start looking for another photo host, but choose carefully, as some may follow suit and ditch their "free" members at some point.  The lesson there is keep local backups on your hard drive of everything you upload, so you can walk away if the same thing happens.   There's a thread on the subject here, so please use that to curse them, look for solutions or generall grouse about their mental capacity.   Not a nice situation for the forum users that hosted all their photos there, and there will now be a host of useless threads that relied heavily on photos from PB, but as there's not much we can do other than petition for a more equitable solution, I suggest we make the best of what we have and move on.  One thing is for certain.  It won't win them any friends, but they may not care at this point.    Mike.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IanHx

BBC ident cards

Posted (edited)

So the BBC has decided to replace the swimming hippos with 'various group activities demonstrating oneness' - what a waste of licence payers money on PC poppycock. Could have saved a fortune by just bringing back the spinning blue and yellow globe !!  

Edited by IanHx

Would you have been happier is the indents just featured middle aged white middle class men?

2 people like this

On 02/01/2017 at 8:43 PM, alan1302 said:

Would you have been happier is the indents just featured middle aged white middle class men?

No , I'd have been happier if they'd not bothered wasting license payers money on an unnecessary change just for the sake of change.

If it ain't broke....

1 person likes this

They can't keep the same idents forever - the ones they were using have been in use for quite a few years.

The BBC is one of the main drivers in one of the most important industries we have left in the UK, the Creative Industry. They need to be innovative and update their image every so often otherwise we'll still be watching 405 line black and white TV. Its a perfectly valid use of the license fee I reckon - much more so than more episodes of Eastenders! (See what I did there?)

5 people like this

Be grateful for what you get.  Compared to the TV available in the antipodes, its worth its weight in gold. Apart from soaps, antiques and home make over stuff of course ;)

2 people like this

Apart from soaps, antiques and home make over stuff of course ;)

What else is there ?

Bring back Andy Pandy :wicked:

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Panzer Vor!!! said:

Probably not the best move for you, well not until your restraining order has lapsed.

3 people like this

4 minutes ago, Greg B said:
8 minutes ago, Panzer Vor!!! said:

Probably not the best move for you, well not until your restraining order has lapsed.

Ahhh Your not supposed to tell people about that :doh:

People will think i am a idiot:footy:

1 person likes this

40 minutes ago, Panzer Vor!!! said:

People will think i am a idiot:footy:

No need to think it, the proof is self evident...

Really ?????

I'm so pleased

Years to get like this  

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Panzer Vor!!! said:

What else is there ?

I read Gregs post & was just about to reply when I scrolled down & saw your reply, exactly what I was going to say, apart from the Andy Pandy bit.

2 hours ago, Panzer Vor!!! said:

They are saving up money to make some of the best nature documentaries in the world

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 5:37 PM, Panzer Vor!!! said:

I prefer Muffin the Mule.

55 minutes ago, John_W said:

I prefer Muffin the Mule.

I thought you could get prosecuted for doing that. :)

3 people like this

The RSPCA may have something to say about it, and a lot of little old ladies wouldn't be very pleased to hear how their £3 a month is being spent :unsure:

2 people like this

My beef with the new idents is that the groups are all 'mainstream'; no more uncommon pastimes. How about a group of model makers behind their club display at a model show?

2 hours ago, T7 Models said:

My beef with the new idents is that the groups are all 'mainstream'; no more uncommon pastimes. How about a group of model makers behind their club display at a model show?

Because its the BBC not the Horror Channel:dinosaur:

5 people like this

I record all my tv on sky box and skip through all the adverts, opening titles and everything that isn't part of the programme I want to watch. So wasted on me.