Here's my Revell Spitfire IXe/XVI (Hasegawa repop) converted using the Brigade Models fuselage and a few extra AM bits. It's a representation of the Boultbee Flight Academy's aircraft which I flew in 2014. The full trauma associated with its build is at the Aussie Modeller website. Not a great result but it fills a spot in the cabinet and looks the part if you don't look too close:

file.php?id=12076file.php?id=12078file.php?id=12081

file.php?id=12074file.php?id=12079file.php?id=12080file.php?id=12075file.php?id=12077file.php?id=12073

It's supposed to look like this:

file.php?id=12082

I even made up a decal for the signatures on the front cockpit door (every WWII Spitfire pilot who's flown in the aircraft has autographed the door, as has HRH Prince Harry who flew it a couple of months before me). Unfortunately, it's barely visible and my blundering errors take attention from it anyway. I made it harder for myself by opening up the doors and canopies but you get that...

Edited by Bell209
Photos wouldn't upload
  • Like 6

41 minutes ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

I like it a lot! I like the presentation with the (empty!) bottle of Spitfire Ale and the patch. A great memento of what must have been an amazing day.

Yeah, bringing the full bottle home was deemed too difficult by SWMBO and myself (you may notice it's actually a Boultbee special-edition version of the ale). The presentation print Boultbee gave me travelled as hand luggage all the way back to Oz!

Edited by Bell209
Addition